Ch: 32

As we picked out something to wear, I got out a silk yellow dress with silver sparkles on the skirt and orange and yellow beads on the torso for Kala. The dress also has an orange lace cape on the back that goes down to to floor. I also got out a pair of orange high heels for Kala to wear. For me, I got out a dress the same style as the one I got out for Kala. Except if has dark blue and light blue beads on the torso, a light blue skirt and a dark blue cape that reaches the floor. I also got out some dark blue high heels for me to wear with it, as well as a silver tiara that goes across my forehead. Both of the dresses that I pulled out only have a strap that goes around my neck for the dress to stay on.

I was meditating, sitting down with my legs crossed, on the bed. It was when a knock sounded on the door, did I pull out of my meditation. "We are about to come out of hyperspace." I heard Captain Panaka say.

"Alright." I told him, letting him know that I heard him. I looked around the room and noticed that Kala was asleep, right next to me on the bed. I nudged her awake. "We're coming out of hyperspace." I told Kala once she opened her eyes, letting me know she was awake. "Let's go change into the outfits we picked out."

Once we where changed, I took Kala's hair out of the normal pony tail she always wore it in and started brushing it. "What are you doing?" Kala asked me as I continued to brush her hair.

"You look so pretty with your hair down." I told Kala, who just blushed at my compliment. Once I was done brushing Kala's hair, she took the brush and fixed my hair up into a side pony tail. "Seriously?"

"Hey, you fixed my hair and left it down, so I'm putting yours up." Kala told me. "You never do anything with it anyways."

"Fair enough." I told her as she put the brush down.

"Now...." Kala says. "What do we do with our lightsabers? We can't just leave them here."

"I agree." I told Kala as I looked at our lightsabers which rested on the bed. I went into the dresser again and found some belts that where meant to be worn on your upper leg. "Here, strap that on your upper leg." I told Kala as I handed it to her. Once she did as I told her, she grabbed her lightsaber, via the force, and put in on the belt while I did the same with both of my lightsabers.

---

When we landed on the planet, Kala and I where greeted by a small group consisting of the Queen, and some of her guards. As we near the group, Padme takes a look at me and smiles, "it's so nice to see you again when there is no fighting to be done, sister." Padme tells me.

"It is." I told her. I then gestured to Kala, "this is my friend, Kala Kora."

"It's nice to meet you." Kala tells Padme whilst attempting to do a curtsy.

"No need for formalities." Padme tells Kala. "My name is Padme." Padme then turns around and motions for us to follow her. "Allow me to show you to your room."

---

Padme had brought Kala and I to our rooms, which where across the hall from each other in the Palace. As we all stood outside the doors to the rooms, Padme tells us, "I'll send someone down to measure you to make a dress for the ball."

"Is there even enough time for that?" I asked Padme.

"The ball is in three days from now and I have different dress makers to create both of your dresses." Padme tells me. "So, they shouldn't look alike and they have enough time to create them. As they're being well paid and only haft to create one dress. They would normally haft to make five dresses to get paid in the amount that we are paying them, so they have no side projects to work on and can focus on your dresses."

"Alright." I told Padme. "What do we do in the meantime? Until the ball comes?"

"Wonder around the palace? Take a walk around Thead, or take a swim?" Padme suggests. "Anything really. So long as you don't get into any trouble really. I'll come get you for lunch around half an hour after 11."

"What time is it here?" I heard Kala ask Padme.

"Oh, almost 10am." Padme tells me. "You have an hour and a half until either I or someone comes gets you for lunch. You could sleep, or do whatever really." At that, Padme starts walking down the hallway, she shouts back at us, "look nice for lunch!"

"Will do!" I called back after her.

"So, what now?" Kala asked me.

"I'm probably going to just chill." I told her. "...and maybe just wait around until the dress maker measures me, then I'll see how much time I have to myself after that. I'll see you at lunch...." With that, I walked into the room, leaving Kala to do whatever she wanted to do. The first thing I noticed when I entered the room was the grey walls and then a glass door framed with a marble white door frame. The door lead out to a balcony that looked over a terrace that has multiple plants on it in plant pots and beds. The balcony was small and has a white marble fence that frames it. Inside the room was a canopy bed with a light blue curtain that hangs down and white covers were on the bed as well as two light grey pillows. One the other side of the room, parallel to the bed was a marble white dresser. There was also a door that lead to a private bathroom, only accessible through this bedroom. I laid down on the bed and closed my eyes, I'm pretty sure I fell asleep as a knocking at the door awoke me from my dreamless slumber.

"Hello?" I heard a girls voice say at the door. I sat up on the bed, with my legs hanging off to the side. I had my hand up in the air, I slid my hand to the right as I used the force to open up the door. The person hesitantly came into the room, it was a girl that looked like she was at least 4 years older than me. She had her bright red hair in pigtails, in a braid, she also has hazel eyes. "Are you Princess Nova Amidala?"

"Just Nova, is fine." I told her, which lead her to believe I was the Nova that she was talking about, which I am.

"The Queen-your sister-told me to measure you for a dress?" The girl asked me.

She helped me out of my dress so that I was only in a white slip that went down to an inch above my knees. She then took a tape measure and measured how tall I was, the length around my waist, she even measured the length around my forearms and across my shoulders and the length around my forehead and my neck.

"I'll have your dress done in a day or two." The girl tells me. "Is there any fabrics that you would want me to use in particular?"

"Yeah." I told her. "Can you make sure that the fabric isn't itchy, oh and can you use a light blue color in the dress?"

"I think I can manage that." The girl tells me before she leaves the room.