Painfully Oblivious

Hi guys!

I am OceanRoseHK— HK for short— and this is my first story.

That means my writing has developed quite a bit over time. If you want to see what my writing is like now, read my latest oneshot, and then read this.

The difference is pretty obvious.

~~~~~~~~~

It was at school. The class was waiting for Ms. Bustier, Adrien, and Marinette, who weren't there yet. Everyone in the classroom had figured out who LB and CN really were not too long ago. They kept trying to get the two dense little idiots to figure it out as well, but nothing seemed to work. They had tried everything from trying to trap the two together during an akuma attack, to having Nathaneal try to make Adrien jealous. Even Chloe helped! But it made no difference because something always seemed to go wrong.

"So what do we do now?" Alix yelled in despair.

"I guess we'll just have to try harder," Max said glumly.

"I don't think it's possible for us to try harder!" yelled Kim.

"I don't think it's possible for two people to be so incredibly dense," Nino muttered.

Alya sighed. "Max is right, we'll just have to try harder!"

note: Mari and Adrien have become good friends and Mari has stopped stuttering around him. Her love for him is as strong as ever though ;)

That day, the kids increased their efforts. As the two were walking past each other in the hall, Alix 'accidentally' pushed Adrien, making him fall on Marinette. Then Kim stepped on Adrien's hand making him fall on Mari and causing their lips to meet. Their eyes widened as the two parted and looked into each others eyes just like they always do as superheroes. But then they simply got up to their feet and apologized, walking away with a blush on their faces. As they did so, Alya could be audibly heard muttering a string of curses while Nino looked on in terror, having no idea his girlfriend could be swear so....colorfully.

During lunch, they played a game of truth or dare, constantly asking them questions that would make them reveal their identities or their feelings for each other whenever they picked truth. As for the dares, they kept doing intimate things like daring Mari to sit on Adrien's lap for the rest of lunch while he had to wrap his arms around her waist and rest his head on her shoulder. She even had to feed him! But the little cinnamon rolls STILL didn't notice they were talking to their partner, though it was amusing. After lunch, Alix quickly ran behind the school where no one could hear her. If you listened closely though, you could actually make out her words.

"HOW THE HELL CAN THEY BE SO *censored* DENSE?"

When they were in the class, a loud boom was heard, signaling an akuma attack, and both Marinette and Adrien asked to go to the restroom at the same time.

Ms. Bustier also knew their secret and tried to push them in the right direction. "Why it's so strange how you two always need to go to the bathroom AT THE SAME TIME. And always before an akuma attack too! If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were either secretly dating or you're Ladybug and Cat Noir. You even look EXACTLY LIKE THEM. But that can't be possible, RIGHT?" she said heavily emphasizing certain words.

The class watched the duo hopefully as they turned to each other, but then Mari shrugged. "Guess it's a coincidence," she said and they ran out the classroom, Ms. Bustier's jaw dropping at their stupidity. If they had waited a second they would have heard her scream something that made the kids wonder if the principal would have fired her if he heard her.

After school, Marinette, Adrien, Alya, and Nino headed to the bakery to hang out. (It was pre-planned so the pictures were in a drawer) The game really brought out the duo's inner superhero personalities. In fact, if Alya and Nino didn't already know their identities, they would have figured it out right now.

But after the game ended and the cinnamon rolls were still as dense as ever, Nino decided to walk Alya home since she looked like she was going to murder someone, but Adrien stayed behind to help clean up the popcorn on the floor. Mari looked to make sure they left, closed the trapdoor, and sighed in relief.

"They're trying again," she groaned.

Adrien wrapped his arms around her waist from the back, kissed her cheek, and rested his chin on her shoulder.

"Should we tell them we already know and that we're dating?"

Marinette thought for a moment. "Nah, let 'em do this. It's funny as hell to watch."

Adrien chuckled, "Yeah, but they're gonna kill us once they find out we've known for a month."

~~~~~~

Plot Twist! XD

This was based on a oneshot I once read. However, I can't find it, so I dexided to give it a shot.

I take requests, if you have any!

Baiii ~HK