Flirting

...Sorry I've been dead.

But anywho, I love those oneshots where Marichat is just hanging around, so I decided to write one of my own.

This part doesn't have a reveal or any real fluff, it's just a cute, funny, little Marichat story. Honestly, this has become one of my favorites, my writing is definitely better in this than it was at the start of this book.

Nevertheless, the plot is just as cute since there isn't one, I mostly made this one up as I went.

Hope you like it as much as I loved writing it. 😊

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Marinette's life was complicated but repititive. She'd most likely wake up late for school, deal with an akuma maybe, hang out with her bestie, Alya Cesaire or her other friends, fawn over Adrien Agreste, finish her homework or do a design project, and perhaps help out in the bakery. However, seeing a pair of glowing green eyes outside her window, HER WINDOW, at 8pm was entirely uncalled for. So you could say her reaction was normal.

She shrieked and fell off of the bed.

And then she turned to her window, glaring at the superhero outside, as she could clearly see Cat Noir was trying not to laugh. Key word: trying. And failing for that matter.

Ugh.

How did she end up with someone so dorky and annoying as her partner?

Suddenly grateful her parents were at a baking convention, Marinette got up and opened her window only to see that the cat had disappeared. She sighed, closing her window just as her phone rang. She walked over to it, Alya's name flashing on the screen. Marinette checked to see that Tikki was still hidden from sight and passed out in her cookie coma in the dollhouse in the corner, smiling at the chocolate smeared around her little Kwami's mouth before picking up her phone.

"Hey Alya. What's going on?"

"Just dealing with the little balls of rage that are my sisters. What about you?" Alya chuckled over the phone.

'Oh nothing. Just getting the crap scared out of me by a guy aka superhero with cat ears right outside my window,' She thought. She wanted to say it, if only to hear Alya's reaction but she also didn't want to be interrogated by the blogger. She would never let Marinette have another moment of peace. Besides, how do you just casually bring that up?

Marinette would prefer NOT to murder her best friend.

Imagine Alya's gravestone.

Here lies Alya Cesaire who died at the hands of Marinette Dupain-Cheng, her BFF, after finding out that a guy in a skin-tight cat outfit appeared outside her window. The thought made her snicker.

'I've really got to bring my mind back to Earth' she thought to herself.  She opened her mouth to reply but a heavy thud from her balcony caused her to gasp, jolting at the unexpected noise and instinctively turning towards the trapdoor over her bed.

"What was that?" Alya's suspicious voice sounded from the phone which had gone slack in her hand.  Marinette tightened her grip on it as she started to climb up the stairs to the trapdoor.

"I don't know, let me check."

She popped her head out of the trapdoor, still in her room from her chest down.  Her mouth dropped open as she saw who it was and she gasped, only sputtering out a 'Wha...?' before her voice rendered her incapable of speaking altogether.