Café

I know what you're thinking, it's been a while. AKA over a year. I realized forcing myself to write was affecting my mental health so I took a break. I have been planning to ease back into it, but I really love AU's, so I'm going to try and start now by doing some of the prompts from the AU August list.

I'm not going to push myself to write really long chapters, I'll just write however much I can come up with.

Also, 15k reads and 500 votes?! I'm so glad y'all are enjoying these stories and thank you guys for this! Please keep commenting, I love reading them! Send me a request if you have one too!

:) ~HK
~~~~~

Marinette woke up that morning, looked at the time, cursed at the top of her voice, and jumped out of bed. It was getting late, and if she kept this up she'd get fired one of these days for sure. She was on the first shift, and it was her turn to set up before opening. The manager would surely find out if she was late again. The last thing Marinette wanted was to be lectured by her boss. Or one of them, she supposed.

Stumbling through the room, she quickly brushed her teeth and hair, put a bit of makeup on, grabbed a blue blouse and a pair of white jeans from her closet, and shoved one shoe on, still blinking the sleep away from her eyes. Marinette hopped out of her room on one foot, trying to force the other shoe on as she looked up to find her bleary-eyed roommate making cereal in the kitchen. To her credit, Alya didn't even blink at the frantic girl hopping into the room, far too-used to her best friend's tardy streak. She didn't bother to offer anything more than a wave, as Marinette ran out the door with her bag, shouting a good morning over her shoulder. She hightailed it out of her apartment building, speed walking as quickly as she could without actually running.

"Late late late late late late late," Marinette muttered furiously under her breath, right before she walked directly into a solid wall. Falling back, she blinked as the wall suddenly whirled around and grabbed her, pulling her upright. Not a wall, a person's back, Matinette realized, silently berating herself and noticing the large, warm hands that had grabbed her upper back to straighten her and now rested on her forearms. Taking a respectful step back, her eyes followed the hands up to the person's face, the apology that was on her lips dying away the second her eyes locked with the man's green ones.

Because holy freaking crap, this had to be the hottest guy she had ever seen.

Marinette was surprised to see the stranger's voice had also died in his throat as he blinked at her, an attractive flush on his face that was probably the result of the cool fall weather and made it even harder for her to snap back to focus.

It really was too bad that she bumped into the most good-looking guy that probably existed on the entire freaking planet on one of the days she was late to work.

"Oh, shit," Marinette blurted, realizing she was still running behind. She slapped a hand over her mouth as she regretfully looked away from the stranger and towards the building 20 feet ahead. Turning back to the man, she blinked in surprise as she saw the amused smile pulling at the corners of his lips, but pulled herself away nonetheless.

"Uh, sorry for bumping into you and also thanks for catching me and sorry again but I really do have to go, itwasnicetomeetyoubye!" Marinette exclaimed, making a break for it again and rushing past the handsome stranger as he confusedly turned to look at her quickly retreating form.