Light To His Darkness (1/2)

I remember when I found out that edendaphne had an account on Wattpad. I had already seen some of her work on YouTube, and I was ecstatic.

Especially once I read 'Under Lock And Key" and then I found out she had written a Soulmate AU oneshot as well.

It was so beautiful, I almost cried, I'm not even kidding.

But one of my favorite lines was the way she portrayed Adrien and Marinette's roles in each other lives.

"The light to his darkness.

The calm to her chaos."

I loved it so much, I wrote this little two-shot in her honor and changed the title since it was originally named "Barred and Chained." It's also technically a Sandboy What-If. The second part to this is staged some months after the first.

(If you don't already know, I've created a Miraculous What-If book. I will occasionally post some here, but you can find any and all What-Ifs in the separate book)

I don't know if Eden will ever even read this, but if she does, I hope she'll like it.

I hope you all will, too. 😊

~~~~~~~~

Marinette yawned, sleepily trudging through the corridors of the old building.

Didn't Hawkmoth ever sleep?

It was bad enough that Alya had been at her house for a sleepover when the akuma's cackling became audible, at which point her best friend had practically begged her to go find the superheroes with her. Now she she just finished fighting an akuma near midnight, completely sleep-deprived, and she had to make it back to her house before the Ladyblogger?

Curse Hawkmoth and his stupid butterflies.

She had hoped to make swing straight home after the fight, but after comforting the young akuma victim, she had had less than a minute left before she would detransform and had only managed to make it to the top of this very tall building.

And it was just her luck that she didn't have any cookies to feed Tikki.

So she was stuck as Marinette for now. And that ruined any chance of reaching the bakery before Alya.

Brilliant.

Though it could have been worse, she mused. After all, she only needed to explain herself to Alya and her parents. Alya would most likely be fangirling over the battle to pay attention to her lame excuses, and her parents weren't particularly observant.

Yeah, it could have been much more worse.

Everything was fi—

"Marinette?"

...Well, shit.

This just got a lot harder.

Sighing mentally, she did her best to calm her pounding heart and turned to greet the blonde model.

"Hey?" Marinette called out tentatively.