A Black Umbrella (3/3)

Marinette stared in shock as Cat Noir smirked in front of her, still holding the umbrella. Her hair started to flow gently to the side and away from her as she stood in her regular outfit but without the gray jacket and pigtails.  She blinked as she finally found her voice.

"I- wha...?  I-I'm not-" She stopped as his smirk grew wider and knew that there was no getting out of this.  She sighed, "You know."

"Can't believe it took me this long to figure it out actually.  You litterally have the same eyes, hair color, hair style, at the very least I should have realized you had the same voice!"

Marinette laughed.  She had been dreading this moment since day one but now she couldn't feel anything but relief.  She had always worried he might not love her still if he knew she was who she was.  It had gone away over time but the fear had still been there a moment ago.  Until he made her laugh. He always knew how to make her laugh.  He always knew how to comfort her or cheer her up, how to make her forget her fears and worries.  Then again, maybe he just took them away and made them disappear.

She gasped as she suddenly felt warmth envelope her and her chin touched the black suit her partner adorned.  Cat embraced her, one hand still holding the umbrella above them even though they had backed up under the awning.  Marinette hugged him back, her arms under his as she held him tightly, never wanting to let go.  They stayed like that for a minute, wishing they could just live in that moment.  Eventually, Marinette pulled back rather reluctantly but kept her arms where they were as her curiosity overtook her.  "How did you know it was me, kitten?"

Cat Noir smiled.  Finally it was time for this stupid, idiotic, absolutely ridiculous love square to come to an end.  "I figured it out last night after you told me about the gum thing."

Marinette rolled her eyes in an exasperated way.  "I decide to just tell you one story and that's the one that gives it away."

Cat chuckled.  "Actually it was really the umbrella part that made me positive that it was you.  You described it exactly how I remember it happening."

Marinette pulled back a little more, confusion evident on her face.  "Wait, but the only people that really know the full story should be Alya, Nino, and..." She trailed off as she looked into Cat's emerald eyes.  Adrien's emerald eyes.

"Adrien?"

Cat grinned and used the nickname he used for her as a civilian.  "Hey, Bluebell."

Marinette backed away and turned to face the street as she breathed out, "Oh my god."

Cat's ears drooped slightly.  Was she mad that it was him?  Suddenly Marinette turned back to face him, frustration clear on her face. "OH MY GOD!" She screeched out.  He looked down. Yep, she was mad.  What he didn't realize was that she was mad at herself.  Therefore, he was surprised when Marinette threw her arms around his neck while mentally punching herself.

"I almost tore myself apart trying to figure out who I liked more, Adrien or Cat?  And you were the same person all along!  Am I that blind or does Fate just like messing with me?  How was I so oblivious?"

Cat Noir sighed in relief, his shoulders relaxing as he wrapped his free arm around the bluenette's waist.  "Who knows, my blue-tiful Purrincess?  If only you had realized it before, you would be spot on.  I mean you must be pawfully blind to not realize it's someone as meowvelous as me.  I'm fur real, I mean I am litterally purrfect.  Not to mention blindingly handsome."

Marinette pulled back just enough to glare at him.  "Shut up alley cat, your ego's bigger than your mansion.  And stop with the puns."

"Make me, Bugaboo.  I don't think there are many ways to get this gorgeous face to stop talking." Cat replied cheekily.

"There's always duct tape."

"I think a kiss would be purrfect for that, wouldn't you, M'lady?" He replied without thinking but stopped when he heard Marinette's breath hitch and a blush decorate both of their faces.

"I-I di-" He was cut off as he felt Marinette's soft lips on his and he instantly kissed back, dropping the umbrella so he could hold her closer to him and never wanting to let go.  They kissed for about a minute, finding comfort in each other's embrace and wishing that that moment could last forever.  And for that minute, it felt like time had stopped just for them. For a minute, the world seemed to be at peace. The street was empty, the rain fell, and for a minute, they were just two regular teens kissing each other, the boy's tail-like belt wrapped around the girl's waist as he put one hand in her soft hair.  They pulled apart and rested their foreheads against each others as Cat released his transformation, revealing a black t-shirt with 3 stripes, blue jeans, and orange sneakers.

"Guess you were right.  It did make you shut up."

Adrien chuckled as Marinette smiled.  They closed their eyes, leaning into their second kiss.  It was exactly like their fist one, just as sweet and passionate but also just as intoxicating.  They pulled away again, still holding onto each other as the rain continued to fall, the umbrella lying forgotten next to their feet.  They stayed as close as possible, not wanting to let go.

"I love you, Marinette."

"I love you too, Adrien"

And just like that, they became two lovers in the rain with a black umbrella once again.