A Black Umbrella (2/3)

Marinette sighed as she stood alone outside waiting for the rain to stop.  Everyone else had already left, but she had no choice but to wait since she forgot her umbrella at home.  Again.

Despite herself, Marinette smiled a bit as memories of the day Adrien gave his umbrella to her came crashing down like the rain in front of her.  He had always been so sweet, so perfect, but when they became best friends (along with Alya and Nino) she realized just how much of a dork he was.  And it only made her fall for him more.  His playfulness, his sincerity, his kindness, his everything.  He wasn't perfect, but she liked him better that way.

Now that she got to know him, Adrien kind of reminded Mari of Cat Noir.

And that was the other thing, because Adrien wasn't the only resident in Marinette's heart anymore.  She didn't know how or when, but somehow she wound up falling for her flirty partner, Cat Noir.  He was always there for her as Ladybug.  He instantly knew when something bothered her, no matter how hard she tried to hide it.  And he never asked what it was because he knew she wasn't ready for their identities to be revealed, so he didn't push. He was just there.

He knew when she needed to be alone, and he did it for her.  He knew when she just needed silent comfort, and he gave it to her.  And he knew when she needed some cheering up, and he succeeded every time.  So she tried to be there for him when he needed it.

As Marinette, Cat had become closer to her, stopping by her house now and then.  The two would talk, eat popcorn and sweets, and laugh over cheesy Disney movies together for hours.  Once Mari's parents even joined them, as they knew abut his visits and trusted the feline hero.  Even as Marinette, Cat would know when she was upset and would always know exactly what to do.  And as Marinette, she would do the same for him.  And Marinette could actually talk about her problems this way.  But he never asked 'What's wrong?' he only asked 'Do you want to tell me?'.  He never pushed her.  And whenever she started ranting, he would always listen.

But so did Adrien.

Adrien also became one of Marinette's closest friends.  The two would walk around Paris and spend time together.  They would sit in her room and talk and laugh until they both were half-asleep.  And they always listened to each others troubles.  They were constantly texting and trusted each other more than anyone (except for their partners-in-spandex).  Adrien stood up for her in front of Chloe, and Marinette and her parents made up for the love he'd lost from his father. 

One year ago, Marinette had been okay.  But now she realized that she could also be happy.

But she wasn't sure who made her realize this, Cat Noir or Adrien.  Her relationships with the two of them had developed at the same time, so she didn't know who to pick.  She was so confused.  She couldn't imagine living without either of them.

If only they were the same person.  But although she was practically supposed to be good luck, she didn't think she had enough for it to be true.

And last night, she confessed about all of her feelings to Cat during patrol and ended up telling him about the whole gum and umbrella incident.  She didn't mean to, she never talked about personal things with Cat as Ladybug because of their identities, but it just happened.  And when she started talking, she couldn't stop.

Marinette sighed again, clearing her confused mind of blonde boys, and noticed the rain had stopped.  She looked up at the gray sky, took a small step forward, and stretched out her hand, only to realize it was still drizzling and that the rain was starting to fall hard again.  She was about to step back when she noticed the rain wasn't falling anymore.  She looked up to see a black umbrella above her head. 

"Need some help, Princess?" a deep, yet comforting voice said, as Marinette spun around to face her black-clad partner.

"Thanks kitty," she smiled at Cat, but before she could ask why he was there, he said something that left her in shock.

"You're welcome, Ladybug."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That was so dramatic. XD

And the whole thing only had three lines of dialogue.

Yep.

I have some important notes down below so please read the whole thing and don't skip it.

For this story, I was going to leave it at two parts, but ran out of time to write the whole thing and decided to just make 3 parts to this.

Anyway, I'm leaving for the airport in like half an hour.  So I wanted to tell you that I'll be gone for vacation for the next 3 weeks and probably won't be able to write anything during that time.  But I have two rough drafts on this book and one on my other one, so I will quickly finish those stories and update as soon as I get back!

I might also start a Princess au and/or a Soulmate Marks au.  I also want to do a fanfic where the Miraculous characters read the 31 part fanfic 'This is Halloween' on YouTube (which is one of my favorites and you guys just HAVE to check it out) but I need the channel owners permission first.  If or when I do these stories, I probably won't be able to update this book as much, but I will keep writing one shots until the show ends (which'll take 30 years at this rate).

Please go check out my Watching Miraculous fanfic and comment and vote on this story if you enjoyed it!

And PLEASE leave me requests if you have any, they will always be open until this book is completed.

I'll see you in three weeks! ;) ~HK