A Black Umbrella (1/3)

Hey, I'm back!

So in this part, Mari has fallen for both Adrien and Cat Noir while Adrien likes both Marinette and Ladybug.  The problem is that they don't know each others identities.

So this is just an idea I've had for a long time.

The main point is: what would happen if Ladybug told Cat Noir about the gum and umbrella scene?

This is also set at about six months or so after Light in the Hallway.

So here it is!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cat Noir and Ladybug were sitting on the Eiffel Tower.  They had just finished patrol and sat down together to rest, the stars twinkling above them and the light wind pushing strands of hair out of their faces.

Ladybug sucked in a breath. "...Hey, Cat?"

"Yes, M'lady?"

"You know how you always told me I'd fall for you one day?"

"Of course Bugaboo."

"Well...it happened," she said softly as Cat turned to her, his green eyes going wide.

"The problem," she continued "is that your not the only one."

Cat tilted his head slightly, looking confused. "What do you mean?"

"I mean, that there's somebody else I also like and now I'm confused about my feelings."

Cat turned his head back to the city. "You know LB, I still like you, I really do, but there is someone else I've grown to care about as well."

"Really?"

"Yeah, but I think she doesn't like me."

Ladybug looked confused. "What, why?" she asked.

Cat Noir shrugged. "When we first met, there was a little misunderstanding.  We cleared it up eventually, but, even though we're friends now, I feel like she hasn't forgotten about it.  And she used to always be scared or nervous around me, before we became friends.  It's gotten a bit better lately, but I'm still not sure if she likes me."

Ladybug thought. "Ya know Cat, when I first met that other guy, I hated him too."

"Really? What happened?"

"Well he had missed the first day of school, and as I walked in the classroom on the second day with my best friend, I saw him poking some gum on my seat."

Cat's eyes widened but LB didn't notice and he didn't say anything as she continued.

"I had seen him with Chloe earlier and found out they were friends, so I assumed he was just like her, a jerk and a brat." she laughed quietly. "I couldn't have been more wrong.  But anyways, I saw him and started yelling, thinking that he had put the gum there.  He turned out to be a model and the son of my favorite designer, but I didn't care.  As far as I was concerned, he was nothing more than a rich snobby brat."

Cat's eyes got wider with every sentence and his mouth was slightly open at this point.

"I didn't talk to him for two days. Then, after school, it was raining and I didn't have my umbrella with me, so I just waited.  He came up behind me and, once again, I ignored him.  Then he explained to me that Chloe had put the gum on my seat and he was just trying to get it off.  He also told me he had been home-schooled his whole life and never had any friends except for Chloe. Then he offered me his umbrella."

Ladybug smiled softly. "And me being me, it closed on me.  We both laughed and at that moment, I realized just how sweet and caring he really was.  He walked off and when he left, I don't know how it happened, why it happened, or even what exactly happened, but suddenly I was stammering."

"I judged him too quickly, but now that we're friends and I've gotten to know him, I've developed a crush on him.  I judged you as a bit of a flirt.  And now I like you too.  So whoever that girl is, she might like you if she's gotten to know you.  If she seems intimidated, it might mean she has a crush on you and that's why she can't speak to you.  I used to be the same way."

Ladybug turned to Cat and smiled. "And I promise you, superhero or not, it's impossible to not like you.  After all, you are purrety clawsome."

LB grinned, kissed him on the cheek, and left, flying out into the City of Love.  Leaving an extremely shocked kitty behind her.  But not at the kiss, rather, he was thinking of what she'd said.

Because in everything that had happened he was finally able to realize 2 very important things. One- Marinette was Ladybug and two- she liked both sides of him, not just one.  It had been a freaking love square this whole time and he hadn't noticed.  And when the love started to flow in more ways than just 2, he had finally understood.  He now knew who he loved.  He wasn't confused about his feelings anymore.  Because he found out that the two girls he liked were one and the same.  He had finally realized.

Cat smiled to himself as he went home.  He smiled as he de-transformed, he smiled as he gave Plagg some cheese, he smiled as he fell in his bed, and he kept smiling as he dreamed of the cute, blue-eyed bluenette he had fallen in love with and who he now recognized as his partner.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you liked this one-shot!

There will probably be a second part to this which I'll write as soon as I can think of a good ending.

So until next time!

Peace! ;) ~HK