Dancing On My Own

I swear I don't only listen to Pentatonix.

But the original has this kind of electric sound from what I remember and the acoustic version PTX did fits the song a lot better in my opinion.

Anywho, I thought we'd switch things up a bit and do a Chlothaniel one-shot for once.

(If anyone is wondering why there's only 4 people in this music video, this was when a member had left and they hadn't found someone to fill in.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Somebody said you got a new friend

Chloe sat on the stairs outside the school.

Does she love you better than I can?

In the distance, she could make out Adrien's limo driving off.

And there's a big black sky over my town

She looked up at the rain, feeling a tear slide down her cheek.

I know where you're at, I bet she's around

She knew Marinette would most likely help out at Adrien's photo shoot.

Yeah, I know it's stupid

She remembered being in the bathroom, fixing her make-up, when Sabrina had burst in.

I just got to see it for myself

She had shrieked when Sabrina told her what had happened, storming out of the bathroom.

I'm in the corner, watching you kiss her

She had reached the classroom only to see Adrien kiss Marinette's cheek.

And I'm right over here, why can't you see me?

She had yelled in outrage but he had only glared at her, hugging Marinette protectively.

And I'm giving it my all but I'm not the girl you're taking home

"Marinette is my girlfriend now," he had said.

I keep dancing on my own

She had walked out, leaning alone against the door and listening as everyone congratulated the new couple.

I just wanna dance all night

She regretted everything she had done, everything hurtful thing she'd said.

And I'm all messed up, I'm so out of line

She knew what she did was wrong, but she thought it was better to be feared than loved.

Stilettos and broken bottles

She had always been secretly jealous of Marinette, even before Adrien.

I'm spinning around in circles

She was lost. Completely and utterly lost.

I'm in the corner, watching you kiss her

Watching her one and only true friend kiss the girl of his dreams...

And I'm right over here, but why can't you see me?

She knew they deserved each other, but it still hurt that no one had noticed her.

And I'm giving it my all, but I'm not the girl you're taking home, you're taking home

Chloe had done so much, but it wasn't the right way and she knew that it would never have worked out.

I keep dancing on my own

She stood out in the rain just like the day Adrien had handed Marinette his umbrella but she knew no one would be there with her.

But you don't see me standing here

No one saw her.  They saw the snobby Mayor's daughter but no one saw the crying blonde in the bathroom.  She was surprised Hawkmoth hadn't sent out an evil, villain creating butterfly.

I just came to say goodbye

She didn't see the point in living anymore honestly.

I'm in the corner, watching you kiss her, oh

People had grinned while she lost perhaps the one person who ever understood her.

And I'm giving it my all, but I'm not the girl you're taking home, you're taking home

Flashbacks vanished when she felt a presence behind her.

I keep dancing on my own

Chloe turned to find the person she least expected, eyes soft and caring and his hand holding up a black umbrella.

I keep dancing on my own

"Nathaniel?"

If this makes you cry, I'm not sorry ':)