•Hot Street•

11

I sat at the end of the bed staring at my hands as they rest on my lap. I knew what was gonna happen ain't no use trying to fight him because it's only gonna make things worse.
I waited almost what felt like an hour until I heard the door knob rattle making me jump. I stared at the door as my heart began pounding and my hands shaking.
I took in deep breaths as the door opened making me look down I refused to look at him.

"Hi." I heard him say as if everything was fine.

I continued staring at my hands ignoring him making him chuckle.
I heard the door close and lock which made me slowly look up at him as he stares at me with an innocent smile which scared me.

My heat felt like it was gonna beat out of my chest because right now I have a feeling I'ma spend my last moments in this locked room.

"Did you have fun tonight Beyonce?"

I cringed it was just the way he says my name it gives me a not so good feeling.

"Are you gonna hurt me?" I whispered staring at him as tears welled.

He ignores me and says,
"Ya know for you to have all that mouth and attitude you sure are a weak little bitch."

I bit my lip at his comment of calling me a bitch. He was testing me. Trying to get me to snap but that is what happened last time and look to where that got me.

"I'm sorry that I offended you in any way Michael." I said through my teeth.

"Where you from girl?" He asks me.

I glance up at him.
"Houston. Houston, Texas." I answered.

He stares at me as his almond eyes glistened.

"Well Houston." He approaches me grabbing my braid twirling it around his long fingers. "Down here we do shit differently. I don't tolerate that disrespectful shit little girl."

He slowly lets go of my braid and swiftly wraps his hand around my throat making me gasp out as he pushes me back on the bed straddling me choking the shit out of me.

Tears fell from my eyes as I dig my nails into his arm.
"I'm sorry, please!" I croaked.

He smirks at me at me and reaches behind his back pulling out a gun. My eyes widen as I move my body harshly trying to break from his grip.

"Lights out hoe." He grins pressing the gun to my forehead.

I let out a gurgling scream as his hand tighten around my throat making loose my breath.
Once I heard him click the safety off my heart stopped.
I was about to die. Reality hit my ass hard as my whole body stopped moving but the tears kept flowing.
I stare at this crazy deranged ass man waiting for him to do it.
Kill me.
His finger pressed against the trigger I shut my eyes quickly praying in my head to God waiting for him to pull the trigger.
And just like that I heard him pull the trigger my eyes tighten waiting for my soul to be at rest. But nothing happened.

I slowly opened my eyes confused. I wasn't dead, I'm still here.

Michael clicks the safety back on and tosses the gun on the side of his room.
He releases his grip from my throat and moves off of me. I quickly sit up clutching my sore bruised throat.