•Hot Street•

{A/N: In advance to these next few chapters ima just go ahead and say sorry😩‼️
Y'all finna hate me😭✌🏽
Btw new character alert👀}

{A/N: In advance to these next few chapters ima just go ahead and say sorry😩‼️ Y'all finna hate me😭✌🏽Btw new character alert👀}

22

Janet

"Girl thank you so much for today, I needed it." I honestly tell Carmen as we walk up the steps to my door.

Carmen waves me off,
"Girl you is fine. I'm just glad you got all that weight off your chest about your family."

I pursed my lips giving her a small nod unlocking the front door.

"Yesss air!!" Carmen sighs as we walked inside the house.

I shook my head tossing my keys on the side table,
"Now you know it was not even that hot outside."

Carmen scoffs in disbelief,
"Shitting me."

Before I could respond I heard noises which made me squint my eyes in suspicion.

"You hear that?" I whispered to Carmen.

She looked at me confused and slowly shook her head no.

I raised my eyebrow and slowly walked further down the foyer.

"That's weird nobody here." I whispered.

Carmen gasps,
"Do you think

I quickly shush her for being to loud as she quickly brings her voice down to a whisper.

"Do you think somebody broke in?"

I shrugged,
"I don't know but we finna see."

I quickly grab Carmen's hand as we tiptoed down the foyer into the hall leading into the kitchen.

As we got closer the voices got louder but still inaudible. The voices sounded as though it was two females arguing.

I stopped for a moment listening hoping I can't hear the voices clearer. I looked back at Carmen with my eyebrow raised.