•Hot Street•

13

Beyonce

Beyonce

I opened my blinds and stared out to the beautiful sunny morning. Our little school break was over. We were only out due to icy roads but now everything has been cleared up school is now back in session. It was nice seeing the sun out again even though it was still cold the sun made it seem warm. I smiled softly as I saw a bunch of children running and skipping down the sidewalk going down to their bus stop. A little girl glanced at my house and noticed me looking out the window and waved over at me happily I shyly waved back feeling embarrassed that she caught me looking. There was also a little boy behind her walking, watching me. I also gave him a small wave as he in return smiled sticking up his middle finger at me.

My mouth dropped puzzled as I quickly shut my blinds and made my way over to my bed and sat down slipping on my black furry uggs.
The kids nowadays bad as hell.

"Giselle are you dressed yet?" I hear my mom yell from downstairs.

"Yes ma'am" I yelled back.

"Well then let's go before I be late for work." She yelled.

I sighed glancing at myself in the mirror that hung on my wall. I looked I guess somewhat presentable. I shrugged and grabbed my bookbag and headed downstairs where my momma was waiting for me by the door.
"You ready?" She asks me.

I nodded as she opens the door and I quickly headed to the car while my mom locks the door. My mom turns and presses the unlock button to the car so I can get in. I hurriedly got in shutting the door and rubbing my hands together to keep them warm.

"Shit!" I hear my mom huff as she gets in the car quickly cranking it up so the heat can flow throughout the car.

"It's freezing this morning." She mutters shutting her door.

We sit for a minute so the car can get warmed up.

"Ain't this your first time getting out the house?" My mom asks me.

I nodded as I stared out the window. I glanced over at Carmen house and noticed her brother Chris car was there he must've came back home since I rarely see him. Plus I'm not cool with Carmen no more.

"I guess its good your staying in the house more." I hear my mom say.

"Why you say that?" I asked curiously.

"Because it's getting really dangerous out here, mostly with gangs and police messing with young black people such as yourself and all these shootings going on." She explained.

I sighed knowing the only reason I never left the house because of what happened that night 2 weeks ago.

"It's not safe here no more and I'm really considering us moving back to Houston." I heard her say as she pulled out the driveway.