Not a great time to have three overprotective brothers

It's a bit embarrassing to say something like this for someone my age, but uhm... I'd never had a proper boyfriend until last year.

And I wasn't even thinking about dating.

At all.

This is probably the reason why I acted like a complete doofus, when Dolph Ziggler offered me and AJ Lee, who was sitting next to me at the hotel bar, a drink.

''Oh, I think I've had enough of those, Ziggy. '' AJ said winking at me.

Then she kissed my cheek and went away giggling.

''What the... '' I mumbled.

The crowd was loud enough to cover my voice, but Dolph smiled to the ground as if he had heard me.

''She's very unpredictable. '' He stated with an amused grin.

''I agree. Why would she leave me like this? We were having fun! ''

He raised his eyebrows. ''Well, for starters 'cause I'm trying to flirt with you. And God knows you're not making it easy. ''

My jaw dropped. I looked at him as if he were speaking in tongues.

''Look, it's not like we've actually been together. AJ and I are just good friends who got a little caught up in their on-screen romance, that's all. I even asked her if she was ok with me making a move on you. ''

He tried to justify himself, but he had missed the point.

I was paralyzed because a hot guy had just declared he was interested in me.

I put a smile together and decide to ignore him.

Because I am an idiot.

''Did I say anything wrong? '' He asked looking just adorable.

I had no right to act like I was mad at him, only because I had no idea what to say.

''Nope. No, you didn't. '' I responded.

He tried hard not to make our conversation awkward.

It became easier after about six shots of Tequila.

At the end of the night, he walked me back to my room and gave me a peck on the lips.

It felt nice.

The day after, I thought he would never talk to me again because I had been so weird. I was wrong.

When we ran into each other in the lobby, he gave me a big smile.

''Good morning. You look beautiful. ''

''You're too kind. '' Was I blushing? Dear God. I felt ridiculous.

He held my hand all the way to the coffee machine.

As Dolph and I reached the table where we were supposed to have breakfast, my phone started buzzing.

Seth was calling me. I picked up.

''Hello? ''

''Uh...Shannon, where are you? ''

''What do you mean 'where are you?' I'm having breakfast. ''

He sighed.

''I've been knocking on your door for like ten minutes. ''

''I thought you guys were already here... then I got distracted. '' I look at my hand being caressed by Dolph's.

''Are you ok? ''

''Of course, I am! '' I shouted. ''Now hurry, I won't wait forever. ''

''I'm on my way, don't yell at me! '' He hung up.

Some minutes later Seth joined me along with Roman and Dean.

They looked like they had seen a ghost. It was awkward.

Especially because Seth didn't say a word.

He usually was the only one, besides me, who had the energy to make conversation in the morning. Now he was silent.

I started thinking about the fact that maybe I should have told him that Dolph was going to eat with us, but I didn't plan on it!

Suddenly Dean broke the silence... ''Should we stop pretending that nobody is wondering why Barbie is here? '' ... and made things weirder.

He smiled a little. He was trying to be cool in spite of Dean being rude.

''I only wanted to spend some time with Shan... ''

''I wasn't talking to you. '' He cut Dolph off without even looking at him. In fact, he was staring at me and I felt like I was subject to a third degree.

I tried to give Dean a black look, but I ended up looking guilty.

''We're sort of... ''

''Dating. '' Dolph interrupted my pathetic attempt of not being pathetic, taking my hand again after I had slithered away. ''We're dating. ''

He shouldn't have done that.

Roman rubbed his forehead because he knew Dean was going to make a scene.

A sick smile appeared on my friend's face.

''I thought I had already said I wasn't talking to you. ''

Then something unexpected happened.

He squeezed his eyes then blinked quickly a couple times and he looked like his brain reset for it was overload with anger.

''Anyway... I hope you guys have fun dating. '' He emphasized that last word a little too much.

A fake smile crossed his face as he went away.

I'd never thought he would be capable of keeping calm.

After an instant, Roman and Seth got up.

''Seth, you've barely touched your breakfast, why are you already leaving? '' I asked with a frown.

''Do I exist now? '' His eyes ran from Dolph to me to the floor.

I was stuck.

What was I supposed to say?

Seeing me hesitate that much made Seth sneer with bitterness, then he went away followed by Roman who gave me a quick thoughtful glance.

So I was alone with my date again.

''It was not your place to tell my friends we're together. ''

''I know, I'm sorry... I guess I lost my temper. '' He replied wearily.

I actually didn't mind about the way the guys came to know about Dolph, what was bothering me was the fact that I had no idea why they disliked him so much.