Everyone is fighting and no one's getting laid

''What are you talking about? '' Roman frowned.

''Stop trying to fool me, I'm not an idiot! '' Dean shouted.

''I know, but I honestly don't see why you are yelling at me. ''

''Are we playing the liars' game? Because if we are, you won! ''

''This is ridiculous. ''

''And you are an asshole! ''

''You'd better watch your mouth. '' Roman said starting to lose his temper.

''Or what? '' Dean laughed.

I didn't understand what was going on.

Seeing Roman clenching his fists, made Seth rush to get in between his two friends.

''Both of you chill out. '' He said in a low voice.

''Stay out of this! '' Dean barked.

AJ and I got off the car too.

''You need to stop them. '' She mumbled.

''Yeah. It's easy. All I need to do is to find some horse sedative. ''

''Your boyfriend and your best friend are about to beat each other and you don't even seem to care. ''

''I do care, but I know when it's time to stay out of other people's hair. ''

''Are you trying to tell me something? '' She asked in an angry tone.

''Ugh. Shut up. '' I replied.

''What did I do this time? ''

''Not much. You just whored around with my friend. I'm not mad, though. At least you've found something you're actually good at. '' I shrugged.

AJ slapped me in the face so loudly, the guys turned in our direction. She seemed to instantly regret it.

I was holding my cheek and laughing.

''You are so dead. '' I giggled, before assaulting her.

I only managed to hit her a couple times, before being lifted up by Dean. Roman had to hold my legs, since I was kicking furiously in the air, in order to free myself. Seth was having trouble stopping AJ too, even though she didn't have the right to be angry.

''Let me go right now! '' I yelled.

''Yeah, let her go so I can break her face! '' She screamed, struggling to free herself.

In the end, the guys managed to separate us and it kept them from fighting.

As Dean put me down, I told him we needed to talk. So we went to our room and walked around nervously for a while.

''C'mon. Dump me now, so we don't waste any more time. '' I said.

He looked at me with anger and disbelief.

''You must be kidding. '' He spelled slowly. ''If you want to leave me, do it yourself! I'm not going to do your dirty work! ''

''Ha! You act like you don't know me all day and now you pretend to have no intention at all to dump me! This makes so much sense, Dean. Really. ''

''Actually Mrs. I-want-to-buy-a-pretentious-little-dress, you are the one who started behaving like a spoiled brat out of the blue! And let me tell you the Shannon I know is not like that at all! ''

''The Shannon you know is right in front of you! ''

He approached to me and cleaned my dripping eyeliner. Then he showed me the black stain on his thumb.

''She might be in front of me, but she's wearing a mask and I don't recognize her anymore. ''

I was glad we were done yelling, but that whisper hurt.

''I didn't think that some make-up and a small caprice could cause so much trouble. '' I shook my head.

''Well, they did.''

I looked at Dean. I still loved him. The fact that I told him first wasn't the reason why we were arguing, nor was that power loss idiocy. I realized we were arguing because of me. But he hadn't been an angel either.

''Was it so easy to change your mind about me? ''

''I could ask you the same question. '' He said with a bitter smile.

''Then I'll change the question. What's going on with you and Roman? ''

''You are so naive. '' He shook his head giggling.

''Normal people usually answer to at least one question out of a whole conversation. '' I sighed.

''You know damn well I don't like those fools. '' He said, laying on the bed.

I laid next to him and we stared at the ceiling for a while.

''We are two vain idiots. '' He stated.

''We are. '' I agreed. ''One day we'll end up killing each other out of pride. ''

''Yeah, probably-- What happens now? '' He asked.

I took his hand slowly.

''What do you say? '' I replied.

''I say, in spite of everything, I'll never stop caring about you. '' He turned towards me and rested his head on my shoulder.

''This is why you will always be my best friend. ''

''Yeah. '' He smiled.

''I'm not going to be with Roman. '' I stated.

He let out a small laugh while tracing circles with his finger on my side.

''I'm not that naive after all. ''

''I guess-- Seth doesn't like AJ, anyway. ''

It was amazing how we could still read each other's minds.

''Think about it before you try to deny. He was just being nice. '' He continued.

''I hope so. AJ is not right for him. ''

''You can't control everything, Shannon. ''

''But I can try. '' I replied.