It's ok to take a step back when you know you've been dumb

I was walking back and forth praying for him not to open the door.

I had no intention at all to knock.

I just needed to feel my friend close. Even though I hadn't spoken to him for only a few hours, I couldn't take him off my mind.

I wasn't thinking about Seth being mad at me, or Dean being... Dean, like I was before. No...

For some reason the look Roman gave me, meant something to me. Something that was keeping me from leaving that corridor and acting as if nothing had happened.

Ah, screw it! I would have dealt with him another time.

I turned around and glanced at the door for a moment, then I shook my head to make up my mind. I had to stop making a big deal out of that situation. We hadn't even had a real argument.

I started walking away.

Then somehow, I found myself knocking on the door energetically. Before I could blame my hand for what it had done, Roman appeared in front of me.

He was trying not to smile.

''Feeling guilty? '' He asked.

''What should I feel guilty for? '' I replied crossing my arms.

''Oh come on. I'm not falling for this. You obviously didn't come here to say hi. ''

Roman's the most authentic person in the world. He's a straight-to-the-point kind of guy and he'd never lie, not even to make me feel better about messing up.

''Come in. '' He said.

I got into the room and sat on the bed.

''What happened this morning? '' I asked, wasting little time.

''We don't like that guy. ''

''Why? ''

''Because you preferred being with him rather than with us. ''

''This is not how things went. Dolph and I met in the lobby, the place where I was supposed to catch up with you! ''

''Then let's just say we don't like the fact he is with you. I can't let you get hurt by that jerk! ''

I moved uncomfortably on the bed. I couldn't be mad at him for being worried.

''He won't necessarily hurt me. '' I mumbled.

He sat on the edge of the bed and put his strong arm around me. I sighed with my head on his shoulder.

''Roman... I like Dolph, but I couldn't stand to lose you. ''

He took my face in his hands, so that I could look him in the eyes.

''I'll always stand by you, no matter what. '' He whispered.

After a while, it started to feel like a staring contest, but I could tell neither of us minded being where we were.

When a phone buzzed, I almost got scared. It was Roman's by the way.

''Uh I have to go workout with the guys. Are you joining us? '' He said in a voice of someone who just woke up.

''That sounds nice. ''

He jumped out of bed pulling me up. I felt so small near him.

We went to the gym and my purpose was to act as if nothing had happened. I was damn sure Dean wouldn't allow me to do it.

''I didn't think you'd deign us of your presence. '' He teased.

''You didn't think... tell me something I don't know. '' I smirked.

Dean and I were back to normal. He was teasing me and I was insulting him.

Seth tried to act mad, but the truth was he had already got over it.

After the workout, we all went back to our rooms to shower.

Seth and I were on the same floor, so we were walking alone at a certain point. I wanted to say something, but before I could, he grabbed my waist with a swift movement and kissed the top of my head. He knows how much I hate to be touched when I'm sweaty. Unless I'm fighting of course.

I gave him a shocked glare.

''This is my revenge for this morning. '' He said, as he started rubbing my face in circles.

I squealed trying to free myself and after a bit, he let me go.

''I'm never going to cross you again. '' I said as we walked in front of my room.

''Good. See you. '' Seth smiled, before walking away.

I could stop holding my breath. Everything was fine with the guys and I had plans with Dolph for later.

If only things could remain the way they were...