A very important night of an equally... let's say ''eventful'' career

''I still don't like this. '' Dolph mumbled.

''I don't either. '' AJ agreed.

''Couldn't you two be happy for me? ''

Dolph looked down.

My time had finally come. Some minutes later, I would have been competing in the most important match of my career. The one that could have made me reach the top. Or hit bottom.

''Oh, I'm really happy for you. You know who else is? Ambrose! He's so happy, he's been smirking nonstop since you got the segment. '' She crossed her arms, but then she realized she had said all of that, in front of who happened to be my boyfriend.

''Anyway you're right, we are supposed to be more supportive. '' She added.

''You are next. '' Dolph said, failing to hide his bitterness.

AJ distanced herself from us to give us some privacy.

''I love you and you are going to be awesome. '' He whispered.

I could only give him a peck, because I was wearing a lot of lipstick.

I smiled at him and reached my partner.

AJ and I made our entrance, which basically consisted in skipping around in opposite directions.

Our opponents were already in the ring along with The Usos. It didn't take long for The SHIELD music to play. Seth was the first one to come out followed by Roman. 

When I saw Dean, I started analyzing the features of our relationship.

Being friends with someone who doesn't allow you to stop for a moment from being crazy was awesome. I'm serious. Time spent with Dean was like no other. We used to drink a lot and we could spend hours poking at each other. He was wild, impetuous, unpredictable.

My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of the bell.

The match started and Dean was out of the ring. I was told to glance him now and then during breathers, but I couldn't turn my back on our opponents.

As AJ and I already knew, The Funkadactyls would have tried their best to make us fail moves and to piss us off by giggling all the time.

Jim and Roman were in the ring. Of course they couldn't show it, but they were having a lot of fun. Wrestling each other brought them back to when they were just little kids with a dream.

AJ was tagged in. So was Naomi.

After suffering some dropkicks by her opponent, AJ was still fired up. She delivered some nice diving crossbodies. Naomi decided she didn't want to take any more punishment, even though it was her task for that match, so she hit AJ in the ribs. For real.

I noticed it and I rushed into the ring. 

''Are you serious?! '' I shouted, shoving her hard in the chest.

''What's the problem? This is wrestling, bitch! '' She replied pushing me back.

Before I could answer, or help AJ up, Roman had dragged me away.

''She's in trouble! '' I whispered in his ear.

''You are not supposed to be this violent anymore, remember? Focus! '' 

I tried to calm down, but the crowd's chants for Naomi were driving me nuts.

Somehow, AJ managed to tag Seth. I could stop holding my breath.

I took my friend outside the ring.

''AJ, do you want to leave? ''

''Are you kidding? I'm having so much fun, thinking about what you'll do to her now. '' She giggled.

I had to go back in the ring, but AJ was in pain and I was afraid Naomi would attack her again.

''Shannon, go. I'll handle this. '' Dean said.

I nodded, keeping eye contact with him, before getting in the corner, waiting to be tagged in.

I called Seth's name, he dropped Jay out of the third rope and ran towards me.

He tagged me in. As I got in front of Naomi, she pushed me to the ground. She was strong.

I got up and locked her in a Nelson submission. I didn't want to hurt her, but I had to keep her from hurting me. The match had to be ended quickly.

I was planning to deliver a Bowl hammer to Naomi, so that she couldn't kick out.

Things got more complicated when I saw Cameron giving Dean a naughty glance. I ran in front of her and slapped her. For real. It had to seem authentic, right?

I turned around to see Naomi's astonished face. She was used to playing with us. To bullying us. Well, I'd had enough of being enduring. I delivered my finisher and won the match.

The Usos went away with the Funkadactyls, basically dragging them out, while my team was celebrating the victory.

AJ hugged me. ''Staying was worth it. '' She laughed.

Dean climbed the ropes and stood outside for some seconds. He gave me a sweet glance and I smiled to the ground.

Seth, Roman and AJ stepped out of the ring as planned.

Dean reached me and grabbed my waist gently. I removed his tuft from his eyes and prepared to share a kiss. His eyes were so bright. I loved the feeling of his bristly jaw in my hands.

He approached to my face, but instead of kissing me, he whispered into my ear. ''I don't want our first kiss to be like this. ''