I'm not an unbearable, spoiled brat, but sometimes I like to act like one

I was telling the girls about what had happened with Dean, sitting in a terrace of our hotel.

''You did what?! '' Cameron shouted.

''I thought being capable of expressing my feelings was a good thing. '' I watched their faces in order to see who agreed and who didn't.

''You used the L word. '' Eva explained.

''It's ok to use the L word. '' Nikki said.

''But it's better not to be the first to do it. '' Naomi specified.

''Does it really matter? '' I asked.

''Of course it does. Everyone knows that saying 'I love you' first means losing power. '' Cameron answered.

Nikki and I were skeptical.

''I said it first too. '' She shrugged.

''And now John doesn't want to marry you. Just saying... '' Eva giggled.

''Easy! '' Nattie said as the look on Nikki's face was awfully sad.

''You'd better stop enjoying pissing people off, Eva. '' Brie warned her.

''It was a joke! '' Eva laughed again. ''You are not really offended, are you? ''

Nikki simply got up from the couch we were sitting on and entered in the hotel.

I was watching the whole scene in silence. I mean, what was I supposed to say? I was the newest member of the group, but I knew that kind of situation. What I had to do was waiting for everyone to calm down, without taking a stand.

Brie followed Nikki.

''That was mean. '' Naomi said.

''I know. '' Eva said with a smug smile.

I went away, after checking on Nikki. She seemed fine, but Brie was definitely fed up.

I met with AJ to go shopping.

''What happened to your face? '' She asked.

''You mean my new make up? ''

''Yep. ''

''The Bellas gave me some advice. '' I said, pulling a pocket mirror out of my purse.

''You look exactly like them. '' She wrinkled her nose.

''Thank you. ''

''That was not a compliment. '' She stated.

I giggled putting some lipstick on.

''Yes it was. What are we waiting for? '' I asked, as we were standing out of the hotel.

''Your friends...they are coming too. Remember? ''

''Oh, right. '' I shrugged.

I wasn't looking forward to see Dean, after Eva's bad joke.

We were all able to fit in one car. The guys didn't forget about what April did, but they tried to treat her like it didn't happen.

''I like this song. '' Seth tried to make some conversation.

''I do too. '' AJ agreed.

I was in the middle seat between Roman and AJ and he wouldn't stop tapping on my knee.

Dean was driving, taking a look in the rearview mirror now and then while Seth and AJ wouldn't stop talking about how awesome the song playing on the radio was.

When we got to the mall, we had to split up.

''I want to buy a dress, who's coming with me? '' I asked.

''You have enough dresses to fill the ocean. '' Dean sighed.

''Is that a problem? ''

Dean raised his eyebrows.

''Nope, but I'm not coming with you. '' He smiled, a little taken aback by my attitude.

''Whatever. '' I replied.

Cameron was right. I had lost a lot of the power I used to have on Dean. Because of my stupid feelings and the stupid second I had let them out.

Roman noticed how uneasy that silence was.

''I'm coming with you. '' He shrugged.

''Awesome. '' I giggled.

''I guess we'll take a look around the sport store. '' Dean put a hand on Seth's shoulder and he instinctively took AJ's hand. They looked at each other. Seth was surprised of what he had done as much as April.

I was only annoyed by the fact that they were making me wait. So I just grabbed Roman's forearm and started walking away. I was also fed up with AJ because she hadn't said a word. I mean...she was there with me! But of course, she was too busy flirting with my friend to care.

''Why are you so furious today? '' Roman laughed while I was still dragging him.

''I'm not furious. '' I stopped.

''I must have misunderstood your constant foot-tapping, then. By the way, if I ever hear you use the expression 'whatever' again, I will probably have to cut my ears off. ''

I laughed. ''Well maybe I'm just a little stressed out. '' I admitted.

''What for? ''

''Yesterday, I told Dean that I love him. '' I sighed.

He nodded thoughtfully, while slightly biting his lip. ''Uh... and he didn't say it back? ''

''He did, that's not the point. '' I shook my head.

''Then what is it? ''

''Relationships are complicated, I wouldn't have realized how wrong I was, without Cameron. '' I said entering in a shop.

''Since when have you been listening to Cameron? And why in the world do you look like a Bella cosplayer? ''

''Cameron was right about what she told me and The Bellas are gorgeous. Are we done with the interrogation? ''

''Yes ma'am. '' He whispered smiling as he handed me a maroon sheath dress.

Roman knew how to make it up to me. We choose a lot of stuff I had to try on. I was starting to get undressed when my phone rang. It was Dean.

''I'm getting bored, are you done? ''

''No, I'm not. I guess you will have to wait. ''

''Ok then, just try to be quick. ''

''Whatever. ''

I hung up, I didn't know why Dean was doing whatever was in his power to piss me off.

''There you go again. '' Roman said from behind the curtain.

''Oh, I forgot! Please don't cut your ears off. '' I joked.

In the end, I bought the sheath dress Roman had found and a matching leather belt. I was pretty satisfied from the shopping and the nice talk with Roman. He was exactly what I needed when I was fed up.

My mood was a lot better, but I still didn't like the way Dean was acting. Our future wasn't looking so bright anymore. I started considering buying lacy lingerie.

On the road back to the hotel, Roman and I spoke nonstop, so did April and Seth. Dean was silent and he looked upset. When we arrived to the hotel, he quickly got off the car.

''What the hell do you think you are doing?'' He growled in Roman's face.