Go On, Tell Him Becks

I promise this is the part where it starts to get DEEP. Sorry it took so long to get into it, I understand if you got bored!

Chapter 8

" Miss Fleetwood," Rebekah felt somebody gently shaking her shoulder and her eyes fluttered open. Her vision was blurred- she blinked a few times, trying to clear it. When she lifted her head up, she seen Mr Gibson gazing at her with a shocked and concerned facial expression. Rebekah rubbed at the headache that was forming in her skull from the tables rough touch. She became confused and tried to take in her surrounding. Rebekah itched her eyes and looked to see the whole room gazing at her.

It didn't take her long to realise she'd fell asleep in maths class.

Rebekah quickly snapped out of sleep mode and sprung her head up from the table like a pin had gone up her arse. Her head jerked from side to side and she took another glance to see every set of eyes still planted on her- their perplexed faces glared at her with wide eyes.

" Rebekah, are you alright?" Mr Gibson's concerned voice only added to the humiliation that was curling in her stomach. He was genuinely worried, but due to her new, stained life, her paranoid thoughts told her the inner Michael Gibson was cackling at her foolishness.

Rebekah was red with pure embarrassment. She cleared her throat and shifted in her seat awkwardly before responding to Mr Gibson; he already knew the answer. " Yes sir, I'm-"

"She's fine, Mr Gibson," Ethan's voice boomed in her ears from across the room. She's almost forgot he was there. " Beck's is just sleepy after some long hours of lust with Ethan Riley."

The classroom erupted into childish laughter, which was only there due to their fear for Ethan Riley who had the best looks, played soccer and had all the money in the world.

They sniggered because they thought it was a joke...

If only they knew.

Rebekah focused her eyes on the ground, avoiding their squinted eyes. Mr Gibson shot Ethan a nasty, defensive stare.

"Only in your dreams, Mr Riley," Mr Gibson said. "Now continue with your work. Your father has already been onto the reception."

" But it's true," Ethan instantly responded. His voice had rose slightly higher than it was moments ago. It was as if the mention of his father and Rebekah's denial had inflicted a sudden flame of anger. There was still faint giggling from the girls at the back of the room. But this wasn't funny, this was serious. "Go on, tell him, Becks."

Rebekah slowly turned her head to meet his emerald eyes, only to be greeted with the look of hurt lingering about his expression. For a moment, he appeared vulnerable- so enveloped in sadness. It was as if he was desperate for her to admit it; it didn't seem like a demand.

It was strange.

Quickly, she jerked her burning face from his sad glare and looked at her maths paper in front of her. Rebekah was about to put pen to paper when the bell rang, dismissing class. She let out a fed up breath and began placing her books back inside her bag.

Rebekah brought her eye up to see if Ethan was still there, and he was not, which made her feel less tense. But she knew it wouldn't be long before he returned.

" I noticed you weren't in school yesterday, Miss Fleetwood." Mr Gibson said, placing a pile of text books on his desk. Rebekah turned around.

" Oh.. yeah," Rebekah coughed. " Apologies sir, I was unwell."