You're A Beautiful Girl, Rebekah

Chapter 10

It felt like forever before the school bus finally arrived at its location. Rebekah was happy to finally be there, and peered out the window to see a large, cream- coloured house in front of her. Beside it was an enormous, ocean-blue lake that had jets gliding across it.

Rebekah's eyes sparkled- the place was so magnificent, and she just loved looking at nature and the bright sky, causing sun light to be bounced of the shimmery water. It just looked so peaceful, and it made Rebekah's heart flutter in glory.

Everyone evacuated the bus, and Rebekah stood alone. Despite everyone liking Rebekah as a person, she did prefer to be by herself, so she was glad when everyone collided into three small groups, and she was not part of it. Also, in a way, she needed to be isolated with her thoughts. Her head was spinning, and she just wanted to have a fun day for once. Relax.

Mrs Berlin kindly told everyone to line up, whilst she counted them to ensure nobody would go missing. She then stood beside them and everyone chatted amongst themselves until they were sent to their destination.

Mumbling was all Rebekah could hear whilst swimming in her own mind, until she was rudely disrupted by a coughing sound from above, causing her to bring her forlornly eyes up from the ground.

In front of the students and teachers now, was a very small man- possibly only about 5'6. He had a clear bald head, with spikes of black, thick hair at the sides and light brown eyes. The man had hiking boots on and a large water-proof jacket that wrapped around his tiny figure. He had a large, cheerful smile plastered across his middle-aged face.

" Hello everyone," he greeted. His voice was high pitched, and he just wouldn't stop showing his teeth through that grin. He was way too excited for this time in the morning. "I'm John. It's so lovely to see so many of you today. I'm going to be your instructor and guide you out there on the water.

John was practically jumping off the ground; it was like he had ants in his pants. Rebekah hadn't seen anything like it, and it caused her to lift a smile onto her face. She wished she could be as happy as John.
(Jealous)

" Students, don't be rude and say hello back," Mrs Greta moaned, and all the students mumbled back to him, causing him to let out a chuckle; he wasn't letting these children get his mood down.

" No worries," he said. " If you all just want to follow me and we can get cracking."

John picked up the bag he'd dropped onto the ground, and placed it on his shoulder. All the students began to follow, and Rebekah waited behind a little bit to avoid being in the same eye line as Kade and Ethan. She really just wanted today to run smoothly, but she felt she couldn't breath in their presence.

Ethan was talking to a teacher, and Kade was walking as slow as possible too. He knew she was behind him- he didn't even have to look to notice her plan. Kade was too smart, and it drove Rebekah crazy.  She felt so tense- unable to move, or even speak. She was immutable to the situation with him, despite her saying Kade could tell the whole world if he pleased; no matter what happened, she still felt the same.

Alone.

Discarded.

Trapped.