I Need A Distraction

I'm off so school for a week, so I'm going to try and do a lot of writing :))

Chapter 22

Kade led both Ethan and Rebekah out the school gates, and Rebekah gathered she weren't going back in for her final two periods. She didn't want to anyway; she'd truly grown to hate that school, and the people with in it. Especially when her head was beating as painfully as her heart did each day. Living this life that she never imagined she'd be living. She was still startled by it all.

" What're we doing?" Ethan asked.

Kade took his bag off his shoulder, and went inside. He then pulled out several cans of beer, and passed one to each Rebekah and Ethan, then placed one on the floor for himself whilst he put his zipped his bag back up.

He then raised his hands over his eyes as the large sun stung them, attempting to make him see what, what he had been doing for so long, was wrong. So wrong. But Kayden Samuels had been hurt enough in his lifetime, so that heated sphere's shine was just a scratch to him.

" We'll just go back to mine," he finally said. " I can't stay in that place any longer. It drives me crazy." Kade raked his hand through his almost black hair, and Rebekah could tell by his flared nostrils and pulse that almost pounded out his neck, that he was infuriated. Whether it was about what Molly had said moments ago or something else, remained unknown.

Ethan nodded, as Kade opened his can and gulped the entire thing down. Ethan and Rebekah stood awkwardly, waiting for him to finish his drink, and they nearly exchanged glances. Once Kade was done, he stormed in front, and Ethan looked past Rebekah, waiting for her to follow. She shuffled her bag up her shoulder a little, and hurried beside them.

On the walk there, Rebekah drank her beer, and Rebekah gazed at Kade's back, then angered muscles attempting to pounce through the skin and shirt. God, he was always so pissed off.  His personality shifted between a sarcastic asshole and an insane asshole. It was weird. Ethan seemed to be able to handle the mood swings, apart from last nights.

But, Ethan hadn't said a word to Rebekah since he snapped at her the night before, and he remained silent the entire journey, not opening the burgundy can he held between his pale, for some reason bruised, hands.

Once they arrived outside Kade's front door, Rebekah was panting for air. That walk had drained her almost completely. She'd always kept so fit, and could accomplish any sort of walk, run or even sprint. Missing those swimming lessons had really taken its toll on her.

Kade opened the door, and Rebekah rushed inside. Without thinking, she threw herself against the couch and let out a large breath. When Kade and Ethan entered the room, she spoke.

" You.. you really should start driving your car to school," she gasped, trying to stop her chest from heaving up and down. " You have them for a reason."

She didn't look up at Kade whilst talking to him, and when he didn't reply, she asked, " Can I get a glass of water?" Rebekah was still out of breath. The walk was ten minutes max; what had gotten into her?

" Come with me, Rebekah," she heard Kade demand, and she whipped her head up to see him staring down at her small figure with barely open eyes, and Ethan was at the other side of the room, pouring himself a drink.

" Why, where are we going?" Rebekah furrowed her eyebrows at him, and he just gave her one last fierce glare before he left the room.

Rebekah was completely perplexed, and she pulled her face back in question. She stayed sat down for a moment, staring into space, until she noticed eyes at the side of her head, dripping onto her skin, causing it to tingle.