The Big, Mean Bully

I haven't updated in a while due to college so I made it longer.

Chapter 19

" Kade!" Rebekah screamed as she stood outside of that same green door each day of her life for the past few months.

As soon as she got out of school after her last period, she began running without even thinking. Every breath she breathed whilst sprinting down the long road was filled with resentment; how could Kade Samuels have been this cruel to someone he use to speak to intimately? He was a vile, disgrace of a human being and Rebekah was ready to explode.

When nobody came to the door, she began slamming her fists against the wood. She presumed he may of been ignoring her, so she did everything she could to make him snap up. Rebekah was beyond stupid, and she knew it. Kade hadn't been in contact since that day she yelled at him in the corridor, but here she was knocking at his door.

Rebekah was the only disgrace here.

As Rebekah was about to say his name again, the green plank creaked open, and the anger turned to shock as the air was completely knocked out her lungs when she witnessed who was in front of her, and her eyes stretched to their maximum opening.

It was Kade's father, only it looked absolutely nothing like him. Mr Samuels seemed to have aged in his appearance at least twenty years since the last time Rebekah had seen him; he appeared old. His red tie was coated in a stain which she presumed was ketchup, and it was hanging from his yellowish shirt. He didn't wear his blazer. His thinning hair was sweaty and flat against the palm of his head, when usually the going grey hair was neatly combed to the side, and his beard had grown to the point where it almost covered his entire chin, when Rebekah remembered his facial hair looking well groomed.

But his eyes. Those eyes were the most haunting thing. The dark brown colour seemed to sink into Rebekah's veins like teeth; suck away the blood that flowed round inside her, pouring venom into her body where she'd get infected and die. The dilated pupils were shrunk, and his eyelids didn't bat. Not even once.

It reminded her so much of her dad when he'd had a rough week. It hit too close to home. It was hard to look away.

Rebekah realised she was still staring, beyond speechless by this man stood in front of her very eyes, and attempted to speak up.

" Uhhh.. h-hi Mr S-Samuels. Sorry, I thought.. well I-"

" Is there something you wanted?" He slurred too calmly- no, not calmly. Emotionlessly. Just like he didn't give a damn in the world. It was like he didn't recognise her.

Rebekah's eyes couldn't look at that face anymore, and she found them skimming over to the enormous mess behind his body in the hallway of the house. It looked as if everything had been yanked from their roots, and flung against the ground out of frustration.

And that's when Rebekah noticed it.

There was a photo frame, just beside Mr Samuels foot, that had himself and Joanne- Kade's dead step mother, holding hands. Joanne somehow looked beautiful; so out of her comfort zone, but happy. She didn't have her usual aluminous clothes and makeup on. Mr Samuels and Joanne had two, marvellously large smiles gleaming off their charmed faces.

Only, the photogrammetry has a crack right through it now, travelling right through the ribbon in Joanne's unusually straight hair.

Rebekah didn't know how long she'd been staring downwards, stun evident across her face, until she heard a ragged breath- which smelled of alcoholic fumes- leave Mr Samuels throat, and she shot her eyes back up to see the broken man in front of her.