I Don't Want You To Go

Unedited ;(

Chapter 15

" Rebekah, did you hear me?" Rebekah was snapped out of day dream when she heard Vicky's voice enter her ears, and she snapped her head upwards in fright. She didn't know how many times Vicky had called her name, but the look on the group of girls faces told her it had been several times.

Rebekah rubbed her left eye before flickering it around to see she was in History class, and then stared directly at Vicky, trying to crawl back into realty. Harsh reality. The reality in which she was forced to think about the unimaginable night before.

" Sorry," she apologised. " What did you say?"

Vicky turned and pulled her eyebrows together at Francesca and Cheryl who sat across the table, watching the conversation, both just as perplexed. Vicky finally rolled her ocean- blue eyes playfully then grinned at Rebekah.

" Tonight, my place. My Mom and Dad are away for the weekend, so the house is free for us all." She told her, and Cheryl and Francesca both squeezed their teeth together in excitement, in which Mr Kemp shot his eyes over and at them, and signalled for them to continue with there work. They groaned before pretending to write.

Rebekah coughed before bringing her head back down to the work she hadn't even started. " No thanks."

" Oh, come on, Rebekah." Francesca whined. "You're constantly at home studying. You deserve some fun. I bet you don't even sleep."

Exams.

Francesca was right. Rebekah didn't sleep, at least not last night. But that wasn't because she should be up revising late; something she should be prioritising at this moment in time. Something she would be prioritising if it wasn't for all the heart- wrenching trauma that had entered her life. She needed to get back into studying, but she just couldn't. Couldn't whilst the thought of what she'd done was still as fresh as a daisy in her moulding mind.

Rebekah shook those scarring thoughts away, and kept her eyes balanced down. She could feel Vicky's glued to her face, but she felt if she looked up, Vicky would witness last nights guilt written all over her paled face.

" Please. For yourself, just come," Cheryl's reached out across table to grab her hands, and this caught Rebekah off guard, causing her to jerk her arms immediately away from Cheryl's. It was as if she was reminded of Kade aggressively gripping her when she tried to escape the house that Kade's step moms corpse lay flat in, buried in a pool of her own blood as she rotten away.

Rebekah recognised what she'd done almost automatically and darted her veiny eyes towards Cheryl. She tried to smile, but she couldn't. Her face held that same shocked, despondent expression. Cheryl's cheeks went red real quick, and Vicky was staring into Rebekah's soul, as if she was searching for something that she could somehow inspect already.

Act like everything's normal.

Do normal things.

" Fine, I'll ask if I can come," Rebekah rushed out to fill the quietness that had landed amongst the girls, and to cover her previous reaction. It worked as it caused bright smiles to lift onto Vicky, Cheryl and Francesca's face. Cheryl's was more struggled than theirs, and she eyed Rebekah with question.

" You won't regret it," Vicky smirked. "Honestly, you'll have the best time with us. I'll put a bit of makeup on you to cover your.. well make you stand out. You haven't been to my house since the 7th Grade."

Rebekah knew her appearance looked terrible today. She didn't need Vicky to spell it out for her, as the confusion and disgust within their face shown it more than clearly.