It Ain't Gonna Get You Anywhere

Chapter 23

Several days had past, and Rebekah had just been going to Kade's house and getting intoxicated during the day rather than going to school. It was pointless. She'd come to the conclusion that there was nothing there for her, and Rebekah really couldn't be dealing with Kyra and the rest of that clang. She knew they'd know she was with Kade, but she honestly couldn't care less.

Ethan hadn't been with them. He'd disappeared off somewhere, and Rebekah refused to think about it. Well, she tried.

The other day. That day when she stopped contemplating whether she had feelings for him, and admitted it to herself, was the day she had to reach level one hundred and completely turn her emotions off. She'd even been taking Cocaine off Kade to help these feelings sink back down where they belonged. Where nobody would ever find them, and boy did it work.

The drug also helped with the self-hatred Rebekah had, had ever since she stepped foot into this house. Prevented the disgust she felt about herself when she willingly slept with Kade. Pushed away the guilt that she had for allowing him to get away with murder. Turned off the shame when she was thinking about taking the drug before she even took it. As soon as that substance was snorted up, she forgot to think about all those things that consumed her mind and ate her whole. Forgot to think about where on earth Ethan Riley could be. School? Dead?

Rebekah thought it was curing her, but it only made things worse in the long run. Because when it left her body, she was left with more heart-wrenching, vile truths than ever before.

That's why she didn't allow it to die off.

Now, Rebekah was sat in Kade's living room, lay across his arm chair. He was on that grey sofa off his, and she assumed he was asleep.

Her mind was spinning due to the fact she'd just drank a bottle of spirits straight, and her eyes kept closing shut. The television wasn't even playing to create some sound. It was the silence that was making her tired too.

Her rattling hand reached out and grabbed her phone, and she had four missed calls from her dad. She rolled her eyes and threw the phone back down. He'd only want to know her whereabouts.

All of a sudden, there was a large noise, and Rebekah's body jerked up from the chair. It had erupted loudly in her ears because of the lack of noise in the room. She reckoned it was probably Kade's dad coming home from work. God knows what the time even was.

As soon as she stood up, her body stumbled, and she nearly went straight forwards. She straightened her posture, realising she was wearing little to non clothes. She was in just a black t-shirt that Kade had gave her after sex before. Rebekah didn't seem to care, and went to walk out the room. She was that drunk, she seriously planned on opening the door to Kade's dad. Or was it Kade's dad she was hoping for..

When she reached the living room door, she heard movement behind her, and Rebekah rocked as she turned back.

She swung around, nearly falling again, and Kade's black eyes were on her. The room was pretty dark, but the light from the window caused them to be in view as he stared directly at her, the pupil becoming wider, stretching the brown in them with each moment that gaze was on her.

Those eyes followed her everywhere.

" What are you doing?" His voice was thick with sleep and alcohol. You could tell he'd woke up more bladdered than he'd fell asleep.

Her vision shifted as she stared at him. "There's someone at the door,"

Kade got up, struggling as the gin he'd drank weighed him back down. " Ignore it, they'll go away."