She Was Told Not To Do That

Chapter 11

Even when Rebekah noticed the boat had disappeared, she just kept calling and calling. She held onto a beckon of hope that all of this was a joke, and that Kayden Samuels wouldn't leave Rebekah out here in the water, despite his disturbing, evil- minded character. That perhaps he was a nice guy who cared for others. The boy in the group who always just takes thing a little bit too far.

False.

Kayden Samuels was that boy, just far more darker than people could imagine.

" Fuck," she mumbled. " fuck, fuck, fuck!" Rebekah was aggressively slamming her hands against the water, causing waves to tower over her figure. She then brought one hand up and dragged them through her dripping wet hair.

If Rebekah's father didn't force her to swim as a hobby, she'd definitely have drown by now.

She began looking around her, but it was difficult as she was still doggy- paddling to hold herself up. In the distance, she witnessed a Bow Rider. It was extremely far off, but Rebekah knew those things were fast, and it wouldn't be long before it reached her.

Excitement erupted in her body and she sprang up from the water in disbelief. There was a small, brown piece of square wood sticking out of the water, and Rebekah began eagerly swimming towards it, dunking her head under the water and back up again. She didn't keep it under for due long due to her helmet causing her to sink, terrifying her.

Once she reached it, she was really struggling to control her breathing, but she knew she needed to call out loud enough for the person driving the Bow Rider to hear her.

" Hello!" She yelled, her words spluttered due to the water still reaching her mouth. She knew it was pointless, but it was too big of a chance to let go.

Of course, nobody answered, but luckily the Bow Rider was coming her way. She just begged with all her life that the driver would witness her- if not, she was completely screwed.

" Excuse me!" Rebekah called again. " I-I'm stuck. Help!"

She was beginning to shiver uncontrollably as the cold water bit her frozen skin. Her arms were becoming incredibly painful as she still cling onto the the plank of wood in the water, and she felt herself becoming weak.

Rebekah closed her eyes for a moment to take in the situation. How had she gotten herself in such a mess? Not just today, but ever since that day she went back to Kade's house. It was all she ever thought about- how much she blamed herself due to the fact all this could've been avoided.

Before she knew it, she was sobbing, clutching onto the wood with an almighty grip. Once the tears began, she couldn't stop them, and she felt so pathetic for crying out here when she should be getting help.

Rebekah felt to defenceless against them, and it was beginning to take its toll upon her; they were the reason she was here, crying like a fool.

" What are you doing out in the water, love?"

Rebekah felt her heart slam against her ribs and she immediately jolted her head up to recognise the Bow Rider she'd spotted was right beside her.Inside was a middle-aged man. Possibly in his forties. He appeared very presentable: slick black hair that had been neatly gelled back and gently tanned skin. His teeth were white as pearls as he revealed them, biting on his lip.