Kade Couldn't Take It

Chapter 25

" I did it, I killed her," Ethan repeated, a little louder for Rebekah to respond, but she was completely paralysed from the head downwards, her body unable to respond to these words that had just entered her ears.

He'd done it. He'd killed her. Janine's disappearance had been on her mind since the day she found that poster, but never did she actually deep that she might've died. No, that she might've been murdered. By him. Ethan Riley. A boy who she'd somehow caught feelings for. A boy who she new had suffered a large amount of torment, but the reason being unknown; she had been destined to find out. Allow him to unravel those feelings and let her in. He'd done that just now.

But this was worse than she imagined.

This.. this was unforgivable.

" Say something," Rebekah hadn't realised that her left eye had began to twitch like something had ran up her lid, and the glass within them seemed to shatter like her bones had. Like her heart had.

" I didn't mean to do it," Ethan cried from beside her, placing his thumb and index finger on the bridge of his nose as a tear slid down his face. " It was.. she- it was that day. That day you went home because Joanne arrived and upset Kade. Janine.. she turned up,"

Ethan scrunched his face up, making veins protrude from his forehead as he held in that deep frustration that wanted to be released. "She told me she was sorry, that she, that she wanted me back, that she wouldn't cheat on me again."

But, it was Ethan who cheated, wasn't it?

" I got so mad. I told her to leave, I told her to go before she regretted it," Ethan's voice sent chills up Rebekah's spine as her face was as still as stone, taking in every single word Ethan was saying but not reacting to a single thing.

"She wouldn't listen," he screamed. "She stayed, and Kade couldn't take it after all the emotions that brewed within him from Joanne turning up whilst he was alone. He pushed Janine, he pushed her hard and she hurt herself. Blood.. blood was everywhere!"

Oh this alcohol. This alcohol was the reason he dished his darkest secrets out as if they were soup. He was reckless under the influence of the spirit, pouring every raw feeling from deep inside. Never in his life would he reveal a thing like this without it. He was so stupid, and he would regret it. Oh, how he would.

Ethan let out a whimper, and Rebekah finally turned to him, her colourless complexion looking as if she were the ghost that Janine had become. Ethan clenched his hands together so tightly that they went purple.

" He told me to finish her off. He said we'd go to prison if we took her to the hospital. I didn't want to hurt her, I'd never want to do that to someone I loved."

" No.." Rebekah chocked out, trying not to throw up everywhere as she pressed her hands to her cold lips.

She was still. She could only describe this feeling as cruel, torturing pain as something strained in her stomach. Christ, she'd be wrong. It hurt. It hurt so badly. She'd been such a fool. The wool had been pulled over her scarred eyes for far too long. She'd seriously thought Ethan was any better than Kade? Any less psychotic.

" I didn't mean to do it," he whispered, turning to Rebekah and trying to stare into her eyes.

She thought he was different.

Rebekah didn't even realise, but she had started backing up on the ground. Ethan placed his hand on her leg, and this sent the burning electricity through her body, and she let out a piercing scream. It shot adrenaline through her veins, and she pounced up from the ground like a lion about to attack its prey.