We Had The Best Of Fun

Chapter 18

Kade still didn't get in touch with Rebekah the entire weekend. She stayed in bed, recovering from a hangover which she claimed to her father was the flu. Although, he'd forced her up Sunday morning to go for an early swim, which made her feel even worse

Now, she sat in Maths class, twiddling her thumbs and trying to work out the sum. It was getting to the point where she couldn't even understand what x squared was, and it was getting so out of hand where she wasn't even worried about her grades, and the fact she use to be genius at maths. It proved that so much was on her mind- fresher than a daisy in a flowered field.

Eventually, Rebekah gave up and placed her head in her hands. But as soon as she did it, she lifted it up, and found herself realising she didn't even know if Ethan was in class today- she'd been too busy backtracking.

Rebekah turned her body round so that her face was at the back, and surely enough he was there, staring straight, leaning back on his chair so that the stool was at risk of snapping. He was tapping his pen across the table. God, had that boy became almost invisible. Rebekah hadn't even noticed him walk through the door.

Ethan's clean eyes met hers, and Rebekah found herself offering him a small, awkward smile to cover up the glaring. She couldn't understand why she did it- it just came naturally to her when they made eye contact.

But Ethan didn't smile back. His face stayed as a straight line, and his cold emerald eyes seemed to sting her skin. His moody expression didn't move in the slightest, and he moved his eyes back to the front of the room.

What the heck was his problem?

Boy, he looked mad for some reason. Cheryl was right about Ethan's change again, and her words kept thrashing against Rebekah's swollen mind. There was something within the pupil of his eye that seemed to carry a different emotion. An emotion Rebekah couldn't put her finger on. But an emotion Rebekah had definitely tracked on Ethan Riley on a few occasions now. He didn't seem like the same guy who lured Rebekah into Kade's house that night.

Embarrassed, Rebekah quickly turned her head background and attempted to finish work she hadn't even started. Soon enough, class ended, and Rebekah hurried out of the room before Mr Gibson wanted to grab her for a chat. But mostly, her legs seemed to speed walk in the same direction as Ethan Riley.

He walked with a stomp, and it was as if he could detect her light footsteps with his ears, as he moved even faster and aggressively. It was so weird, but Rebekah felt... hurt. Why did he seem pissed at her? Maybe he was just pissed in general. The last time they were together; that torturous night that still crept upon Rebekah in her dreams, Ethan had tried to help her, hadn't he?

No, of course he hadn't. Rebekah was being stupid. Ethan cared about nobody but himself. She shook the thought that he may actually be capable of liking another human being, away.

Rebekah went quickly to the sports hall before she got into trouble. The next two periods flown by, a long with Rebekah being hammered at by Ms. Cooper for forgetting her gymnastic kit. The older woman was more shocked than pissed off, so Rebekah shrugged her off, which filled the woman with more incredulity. This wasn't the girl who was the first one dressed at her class every week.

Finally, it was time for lunch, and Rebekah just decided she weren't going to eat today. She felt sick, and the thought of food made her want to barf. Rebekah headed straight from Physics class to the cafeteria.