1. Orphanage

Y/n- You (your first name)
Y/l/n- Your full name
L/n- Your last name

***
{ Play media for better experience}

*Knock knock*

"Yes?"

"Miss Y/n, I got a call from your mother. She was asking for the time your meeting will get over and you will return home." My personal assistant, Mark asked after opening the door of my office.

"Oh! I totally forgot about that. Tell her that the meeting is already over and I will be there in around 20 minutes."

"Sure ma'am."

I immediately packed all of my stuff and left the company in my black Limo.
Really, I thought that after inheriting my father's company I would be able to live a calm and relaxed life. But who knew, my life would become more tiring and stressful.
But still, I enjoy what I do. Atleast I am independent and capable enough to share the load of my father's work.

*Ring ring*

Not again... this girl really knows how to call at the wrong time.

"Hello?"

"Hey! How are you? Is everything okay!?"

No matter how much she irritates me but I always feel very happy whenever I talk to her.
"Hey Sam! I am good. What about you?" I said, trying to be as much cheerful I could.

"Firstly, no need to show that fake excitement. I know you are not. And secondly, I am not happy at all! How can- have you lost your mind?!"
She asked. Anger and shock was clearly audible in her voice.

When she spoke those words my smile instantly dropped.
"What do you mean?"
I clearly knew what she meant but I still tried to act dumb.

"You clearly know what I mean. How the fuck can you agree for an ARRANGED MARRIAGE, huh?!" She yelled. Uh-oh... How did she get to know about this? "I know your parents are not like the one who will force you for money or company's profit. They love you a lot and only want your happiness. Then why the fuck you agreed?!"

I knew she was as much heartbroken as I was. She only wants my happiness. Though she is my best friend and can understand what's going in my mind without any explanation, this time she failed. She failed to understand what I was suffering from.

"Listen Sam, I am not in a mood to talk about that. You know what my age is and yet I don't have any boyfriend. So, I think it's better to go with an arranged marriage. My parents are always so worried for me. And I don't think arranged marriages are bad."
I shrugged. I don't think these are that bad.

"And Miss, may I know why you don't have any boyfriend?"

"Excuse me? I just didn't find anyone who could fulfill all the qualities of my ideal man."

"You didn't find or you didn't search? And... Not able to fulfill the qualities of your ideal man or... 'him' ?

Shit...

I was not able to find any words to answer her back. And what could I say... Somewhere... She was correct.
"How was your job interview? Was it good?"
I tried to change the subject.

"Don't you dare to change the subject. I asked you something!"
She lost her patience.

"Okay! You are correct!" I sighed, "Now what?"

"Why are you doing this to yourself? You know you can never get him."
She said in a concerned tone.

"I know, okay? There is no need to remind me again and again. I can't help myself! They always say that we can truly love only once in our life. And I already lost my that one fucking chance on someone who doesn't love me back! Why do you think I never tried to move on? I did! I went on so many blind dates but no- nothing worked..!"
I started sobbing, tears started streaming down my face. I couldn't handle it anymore.