7.2 Mission

Both of us took a seat near the window, secluded from the rest of the seats in a cafe.

"I think, I deserve some explanation now." Nikki crossed her arms.

"Okay listen... I know you won't believe me but... Sara is not a good girl. I mean, she already had a boyfriend but still, she dated Jimin for his money."

Her eyes widened. "And... How do you know that? Have you ever seen her with someone like... Umm... Kissing or doing stuffs?"

"No. But Mrs. Park, I mean mom told me that. Actually, she asked me to marry Jimin because she didn't want him to marry Sara. She said that she saw Sara doing those stuffs..." I just stared at my hands. I was quite nervous.

What if she doesn't believe me...?

"Oh..." Was all that left her mouth.

I was confused. "Oh? You believe me?"

"Yeah. I do."

My eyes widened. I felt a gush of happiness but still...,"W-Why?"

"What do you mean by 'why'? Are you lying?"

"What?! No!" I slightly raised my voice in defense.

"Then... Yeah, I do believe you." She bent a little and kept her elbows on the table to support her chin. "You know, I never liked her since day one. I always felt something fishy about her. When Jimin told me that he was going to marry you but not Sara, I felt really happy. I thought that everything was true and he finally found the truth."

"Truth...?"

She leaned back on her seat comfortably and started drumming her fingers on the table. "In high school, there was a rumour about her among the girls, that she was a slut and a gold digger. She would do anything for money. Though, I ignored all these as I knew that my best friend, Jimin, had already fallen for that 'slut'. And all these were just rumours, nothing was proven. And on top of that, I never really thought they would actually date. Their personalities don't match at all! But when Jimin called one day and told me he and Sara are dating, I was a bit skeptical but also happy for him. People change you know, I thought maybe she did too. But I guess not everyone changes.." She sighed. She looked at me and gave me a warm and loving smile. "In all... I am happy that he married you."

I couldn't help but smile like an idiot. Everyone loves me and ship us...but him.

"Nikki... I need your help. He hates me a lot because I agreed to marry him even though I could have denied." I wanted to cry.

"Hmm... That's a problem." She thought for a bit. "Just try to make him fall for you. Don't try to take the place of Sara but try to make your own place in his heart."

"But how...?"

She said nothing but called for one of the staff in the restaurant. They both talked for a bit and then the staff went away. After few minutes, that same staff returned with a pen and a piece of paper and handed it to Nikki with a smile. She smiled back and then looked at my confused face.

"Here." She shifted the paper and pen towards me.

I scrunched my nose and then frowned in confusion. She lightly chuckled at my reaction.

"Note down everything that I will say. Now, I will give you some tips to make Jimin fall for you. Just follow them and I am sure he will be after you."

My frown replaced with a huge grin. I quickly wrote the heading on the paper with block letters.
'MISSION: MAKE JIMIN FALL FOR Y/N.'

She chuckled at my childish behavior. "Okay so, step 1-"