29. Blood Rush

Recap~

"You are heartless! So so so heartless!" I cried, not able to believe the man in front of me.

"Oh baby... If you call this being heartless... Then you haven't seen anything yet." He smirked and without even thinking twice, he shot the kid right into his head. "You annoying piece of shit." He mumbled and went away.

That kid's mother fell onto her knees and started crying loudly, hugging the lifeless body of her kid. I just stood there, still shocked because of what happened. My body started shaking, my hands were covered in sweat and my breathing accelerated.

Jimin immediately embraced me, and pulled me on to his lap. I hugged him immediately, and started crying. He caressed my hair and hugged me more tightly. I felt his hands shaking but of course, he was trying to control himself. I buried my face into the crook of his neck and cried uncontrollably.

I just wanna get out of here...

End of Recap~

It's been around 2-3 hours for that kid's death but I am still sitting on Jimin's lap, hugging him tightly like my life is depended on him. He didn't seem to mind cause his one hand was continuously caressing my hair and with other, he was holding a book and was reading it intently. It was an instruction book provided in the plane itself. It contained all the information about the plane and it's stuff, in detail.

Hijackers already took away that kid's body. His mother's loud sobs have died down but tears have not stopped flowing out of her eyes, even for once.

We already had our meal around half an hour ago. Honestly, I didn't even feel like eating but Jimin forced me saying that I needed energy. And as A3 said, they didn't provide meal to that lady. I wanted to help her but stopped myself from doing anything which could cause her harm... again...

I was feeling so bad for that lady. Somewhere, I blame myself for that kid's death. Only if I wouldn't have given him those cookies... That kid would be alive... I just... I feel so so so guilty.

"Jimin?" I mumbled against his neck. His attention immediately shifted to me. He kept his book aside, and hugged me tightly.

"Hmm?" He hummed.

"It was my fault... Wasn't it?"

"What?" He asked, confused about what I was referring to.

"That kid..." I trailed off. I couldn't complete my sentence. Tears started falling down my cheeks and fell onto his neck. He sensed that I was crying, which made him hug me tighter and push my head further into his neck.

He kissed my cheek multiple times and whispered- "No baby, not at all. That kid didn't die because of you." He kissed my forehead and nuzzled him face in the crook of my neck.

"B-but-" I choked. "If only... I-if only I wo-wouldn't have g-given him th-those coo-cook-" and I started sobbing loudly. All the guilt that I was carrying inside me came out in the form of tears.

"Shh... Baby, please don't cry. It isn't your fault. You were just trying to help him, right?" Jimin started caressing my hair. "And also- you didn't know that he would kill him if you would give him those cookies. You just saw him crying and helped him, you didn't know about the consequences. Your intentions were correct... You didn't do that on purpose..."

I didn't say anything. Somewhere, his words were convincing and it calmed me down a little but still the guilt that I was carrying inside was far bigger than his convincing words.