Chapter 13

Summer seemed to fly by too quickly for Angel once she started helping Luanne. Bobby had been reluctant to let his young daughter be in a porn studio but he gave in when Luanne, Angel, and Otto assured him that Angel would be confined to two office spaces and that a partition would be put in to make sure she never saw the sets. Angel worked 20 hours a week, all other free time was spent taking cooking and art classes in the community. Angel flourished over the summer. She had saved a fair amount of money she made from Luanne and was able to buy a new wardrobe that would take her through school.

August

Now here she was, a freshman in high school. Her first week had seemed to blur past quickly. Angel had made a couple new friends, had begun to plan out her study schedule for the semester, and even decided what clubs she wanted to try for. All in all, Angel had a great first week of high school. She saw many of the kids from her elementary school but it was different now. No longer would she be picked on. No longer would she have to live under a principal who loathed the club and those associated with it. Angel already loved being a high schooler. By the end of the month, Angel had a good idea of the different clubs she wanted to try out.

"Hey Daddy! How was work?" Angel asked as she rummaged through the pantry. She and Bobby agreed that they'd make dinner together at least three times a week when possible as a way to have time together. Bobby walked up behind her and pressed a kiss to her temple. "Same as always baby. Busy, lots of shit to deal with. What are we making for dinner tonight?"

"I was thinking spaghetti and homemade garlic bread tonight! We still have half a loaf of bread that we made over the weekend. Think it would be good to use."

September

Angel had finally been introduced to both Jax and Opie's girlfriends. Angel remembered Jax's girlfriend, Tara, from years ago. They had once been in a class together until Tara skipped a grade. Opie's girlfriend, Donna, seemed familiar but Angel had never really spoken to her. Both girls seemed to take to Angel immediately. It was lucky for Angel that she had the same lunch period as Donna and Tara, so she always had people to eat with. Often, Jax or Opie (sometimes both) would skip a class and join them for lunch.

Bobby loved to see his daughter thriving in the new environment. He knew that Jax and Opie would be there to look out for her and ensure that no one messed with her. Since her starting school, he found himself trying to finish more work at home so he could spend time with her.

October

Halloween was creeping up on Angel. This had become her favorite holiday and she wanted nothing more than to just decorate the house and garage as spookily as possible. With the help of Gemma, Luanne, Tara, and Donna, Angel was able to get all the decorations she wanted put up.

"Hi Angel"

The voice made Angel freeze in front of her locker. Angel swore she was hearing voices because it could not be the boy she had a crush on actually talking to her.

"Angel, are you ok?"

Angel turned toward the voice and smiled. "Y-yea! How are you David?"

There stood David Hale. He was in the same year as Opie and Jax and Angel has noticed him when the boys brought him to hang out at the clubhouse. He had always been nice to Angel.

"I'm good. I was wondering if you were going to the Halloween party at the club this weekend?"

"Oh, yea! Of course I am! I"m helping my Aunt Gemma with the setup. Plus, it's one of the few times us kids are actually allowed at the parties, I'm not going to miss it!"

David gave her a big smile and wide. Angel couldn't help but blush. "Well, I was...well I was hoping that you and I can hang out at the party. Jax and Opie invited me and I was really hoping that we'd have some time to talk and chill."