Chapter 26

The morning light seemed to come too soon. Angel stirred in her bed and froze when she realized that she wasn't alone. Spikey blonde hair drew her attention and the night's events slowly came back to her. How had she allowed last night to happen? Especially with one of the Sons!

A knock at the door pulled Angel's attention and she groaned as she pried herself from Herman's arms. It was only 7 in the morning and she had no idea who would be stupid enough to disturb her at this time. She quietly made her way to the door and peered out the small peephole. Upon seeing who was there, Angel rested her forehead against the door. Of course, the only person who would ever dare come over this early - Johnny. He stood on the other side of the door in what looked like to be his pajamas still. Angel grabbed her thick robe and threw it on before shimmying her way out the door. "What?" She hissed and Johnny took a step back. "Good morning to you too Doll. I told you I'd be stopping over to check on you. Everything ok?" Johnny took in her appearance and tried not to laugh. Her hair was rustled and he could make out the purplish-pink marks on the side of her neck. "Fun night? Your midnight lover still over?"

Angel held her head and nodded. "Yea. Um, long night. He's still here. I'll tell you about it later...Just go away and come back later today. Sorry for being pissy. I just want more sleep and food."

Johnny pressed a kiss to her forehead and put a bag in her arms. "Good thing I brought you food. Eat up with whoever lover-boy is in there. I'll call before coming over later. I have to go job #2 soon but it's only a couple hours. Then I will get some sleep and then we'll have dinner together tonight Doll."

"Johnny, you are a beautiful soul you know that right? I love you so much right now."

He laughed as he watched her hug the bag. "I love you too Doll. Go back inside before you freeze. Get some more lovin in. Oh, and get some ice on those marks before putting makeup on." He winked at her and flicked her hair before turning and walking back to his apartment.

Angel quietly made her way back inside and cheered internally when she realized Herman was still asleep in her bed. She quickly made her way to the bathroom and gasped as she got a look at her neck. She had various size hickies and bite marks everywhere. Sighing, she smoothed her hair down as best as possible and made her way back to bed. She was serious when she said all she wanted was more sleep. When Angel laid back down, she could feel Herman stir beside her.

She prepared herself for the inevitable awkward conversation that she was convinced would come before he would run out of her apartment. Instead, she felt his arm wraps around her as he pulled her closer. "Go back to sleep. It's too early for you to start overthinking," he mumbled against her neck.

Angel snuggled against him and laughed, "I was not!"

"You laid down and froze up. Your face was probably all scrunched up too. Stop overthinking. Sleep. We'll talk when we're actually not brain dead."

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

It had been two months since her birthday and Angel hadn't seen much of Herman since. Then again, school and work had picked up and she hardly had time to visit anyone from the club. The last she had saw of everyone was a day or two after the party when she went to visit and thank SAMTAC for the party.

"Hey Johnny?" Angel had her head on her best friend's lap as they relaxed on her bed. He was engrossed in his book but gave a small "hmm" as he started to stroke through her hair.

"I want you to meet everyone here."

Johnny stopped his movements and glared down at her. "Why, what's going on Doll? What did you do?"