Chapter 14

Angel stood in front of the full length mirror, going over her outfit once more. "I got this. This will be ok," she whispered to her reflection in the mirror. Angel had been pacing for most of the day in the clubhouse. The guys would be going on a run for the weekend, and like always, Angel would be staying at the clubhouse​ with Bambi, Jax, Opie, and Gemma. They had long given up on trying to keep all the kids at Gemma's house, as Jax and Opie were prone to sneaking out and going to the clubhouse, and Angel always seemed to get bored and fuss around in the kitchen.

Tonight, they were waiting for a discussion occasion. Angel would be going on her first real date, with none other than David Hale. Bobby had been reluctant to let her go. "She's too young!" "I know what boys his age think about!" That's all Angel heard for a very long week. It took Jax and Tara agreeing to double date and meeting at the clubhouse for him to finally give in. Angel also assumed Gemma and Luanne had a hand in making him cave easier.

Despite the change in plans, Angel couldn't deny that she was having a lot of fun with all the additional people. She sat at the table, nibbling on her slice of pizza, while Gemma went on about something Angel stopped paying attention to long ago. Angel was too busy watching David at one of the arcade games, teaching Bambi how to play one of the games. Gemma noticed Angel's distraction and followed her gaze over to the two playing. "You know, he's good with her. Didn't expect that from a Hale, especially not with our family."

Angel smiled and turned her attention back to David, who was now helping Bambi beat an older kid at the game. "I really like him Ma. I'm glad we all came out together. It's been awhile, since before... Well you know, everything." Angel still hated talking about JT, it still felt like a fresh wind that everyone refused to acknowledge.

Gemma smiled as she reached over and gave Angel's hand a small squeeze. "Why don't we go play some pool? I'll teach you some tricks to use against your uncles"

Angel nodded quickly as she jumped up and waited for Gemma. Gemma had let the boys know they were heading toward arcade and she blew a kiss to Bambi as they walked past her and David.

By the time the bowling alley finally closed, everyone was exhausted and ready to pass out for the night. Bambi had climbed onto Opie's lap sometime during their last hour and passed out against him. Gemma had made all of them sit and stand around Opie and the sleeping Bambi so she could capture a picture.

______________________________________________

The following weeks at school seemed to fly by so quickly for Angel and David. If you looked for one, you often found the other not far behind. Despite his family's concern about the amount of time at spent at the T.M Garage, David was happiest when with his friends and Angel. Bobby and Clay had been hesitant at first to have a Hale around so much, but the more time David spent with them the more they saw how open he was to all the bikers. If he wasn't at school or at football practice, he was either with Opie & Jax, in the clubhouse studying with Angel and keeping an eye on Bambi, or in the garage with Bobby and Otto - who were determined to teach him how to fix cars. Bobby started to accept that David would be around for a while. He had never seen Angel smile so much and because of that, he was determined to like David, even if he was a Hale.

______________________________________________

"Any plans for this weekend Angel?"

"Hmm, I don't think so. My dad has a date with this new chic he's been seeing. So I was just planning to ask Tig if I could spend the weekend with Bambi. It's been awhile since we had time together."

"You really love that little girl huh?"

"Well yeah. She's my little sister, of course I love her silly!"