Chapter 21

The day had finally arrived and the excitement was infectious. Angel stood in the back of the church with the rest of Donna's bridesmaids. The past year had been filled with excitement as they planned for Donna and Opie's wedding. Donna begged and pleaded with Bambi to be the flower girl. Donna had always loved Bambi and often made sure that she was well taken care of and eating while the men were off doing...well whatever they were doing. Angel had laughed as she watched the faces Bambi made at the request, then at the different dresses that Donna had shown her. In the end, Bambi caved and agreed. Then both turned to Angel and she knew she was in trouble. Angel cried when Donna asked her to be her maid of honor. Angel tried to convince her that she probably had closer friends but then Donna gave her a tiny box and when opened there was a handwritten letter and a small necklace. "We will soon be sister by marriage but the beauty is that we are now sisters by heart. Please do me a solid and be my maid of honor?" Angel laughed and hugged Donna tightly. "You're such a dork." "Yea, but so are you!"

Angel adjusted the small flower crown on Bambi's head and smiled. "The things we do for family huh?" Bambi smiled and nodded her head, picking off the piece of hair hanging from Angel's dress. "Yea. She's finally going to be our sister for real! Opie better not mess this up!" Angel laughed and hugged Bambi tightly. She was growing up so quickly and her personality shined through. There was no mistaking, Bambi was 100% Tig & Happy's daughter.

The wedding was beautiful. Whereas Precious and Bobby had their wedding outside, Opie and Donna actually had it at the local church. Angel and Jax stood next to each other and grinning. Their brother was getting married and they had the honor to be in the wedding party. "You ready?" Jax smirked and Angel rolled her eyes. "Yeah yeah. Just make sure I don't fall on my ass. These heels are killing me!" Jax laughed loudly and held out his arm, which Angel gratefully took. Soon they were standing at the altar sides, waiting for Donna. Angel smiled as she watched Bambi walk down and sprinkle the flowers everywhere. Then the music began and Donna appeared on her father's arm. Angel choked back the lump in her throat as she watched Donna walk the aisle.

The ceremony was beautiful but Angel was glad when it was over. She kept her smile as they took pictures of the bridal party. Donna laughed when the four siblings demanded to take a picture a funny picture together. Jax had jumped on Opie's back, then Angel (with help from the other groomsmen) helped her onto Jax's back. Finally, Bambi was picked up and clutched onto Angel's back. Opie groaned under the weight of the other three but they laughed and held their arms out as the photographer snapped pics of them. The groomsmen rushed forward and helped Bambi and Angel down, carefully setting each of the girls on the ground.

Finally, they had made their way to the reception center and Angel quickly found her seat and kicked her heels off. She sighed in relief when Jax sat next to her and she lifted her feet onto his lip. "Oh my best big brother in the world, the sweetest, most nicest and kindest brother ever..." Jax rolled his eyes and started to rub her feet. "Brat," he smirked at her but continued to massage Angel's sore feet. Cheers erupted when Opie and Donna walked into the hall, clasping hands and smiling. Angel was happy for them and wished David had been able to be there to help them all celebrate. When the food arrived, Angel grumbled when told she had to wait. Angel smiled as Donna's dad, Piney, and Jax all gave speeches about the couple and then all eyes turned to her. Angel pushed her chair back and grabbed the mic from Jax. "Hi everyone. For those who don't know me, I'm Angel. I've known Donna for a long time, known Opie since I was a day old! Donna I am so glad you're finally part of our family for real. I feel bad that you have to see that giant every morning but I'm sure you'll get used to the snoring," there were chuckles around the room and Opie tossed a balled up napkin at her, "But, I'm glad you two have finally married. I could think of very few other perfect couples aside from you two. You bring out the best in each other and I wish you many prosperous and happy years to come."