He's not Coming Ch.22

Hiya. I think I'm going to post twice a day to make up for short chapters. Tell me what you think after you're done reading. Also heads up, I already have an ending for this book! Thank you bye.

This chapter is for 11x28x15 and carmable03 since you so desperately needed another chapter 😂. Ily guys.

No ones POV

As David goes with Todd and Corinna to Buffalo Wild Wings they get a booth and look at their menus. "Dude did you hear about Liza?" Todd asks out of the blue. David shoots his head up and gives Todd a stern look. Todd quickly gets the message, as he's terrified of what David would do.

David's a softie, but when he's mad,
He. Gets. Mad.

However, Corinna doesn't back off. "Yeah I heard she was at the hospital for something but I hope she's okay, and the baby of course. I talked to her and the last time I did she was really stressed and not happy at all" she concludes and David's palms get sweaty.

Is the baby okay? Is she okay?

David kept thinking those thoughts. He could of course just go and check up on her but he couldn't. He couldn't mentally put himself to do so. But god did he worry. Of course he worried. Maybe he might not be in a relationship with her anymore but it didn't mean he didn't care for her.

He wanted the best for her, even if it wasn't him.

"Dave do you know anythi-" "No! I don't!" David yells and a few people stare at him. David slouches down in embarrassment but leans over to Corinna. "Can we just not talk about her okay?"

"Okay Jesus David I got it" she says and looks at her phone.

When David went home he decided to walk around the park, since he had nothing else to do. However he sees a sight that definitely meant trouble.

There, it was Paige crying and Axel and Kevin looking flustered. "I can't do this anymore" Paige says. She looks awful. "Paige stop crying for God's sake! We're almost done, we all need the money and you know that's true" Kevin says annoyed.

"No" Paige says wiping her nose. "I don't. I'm done, tell him I'm out" she says and walks away until David can no longer see her. Kevin mumbles "shit" as Axel looks worried. "What do we do now?" Axel asks. "I don't know, we have to tell him, who knows what Paige will do or say now" he replies and Axel nods.

Then, a black Tesla pulls up, and the duo gets inside. The car zoomed past him. David's eyes get big as he sprints down, chasing the car. Something was up, and he had to know what.
____________
(If you are confused by this next bit, it's a continuation of last chapter, it's not the same day as what's above ^)

Who Liza sees is someone unexpected.

"Axel?" Liza questions and the couple seems just as confused.

"Hi, I heard you were in the hospital and I wanted to see if you were okay" He says kindly giving Liza a bouquet of flowers. "Um, thanks" Liza says setting them down beside her.

"What happened?" He asked and Liza stutters a response. "I uh- I passed out, long story short" she says and he nods. "Where's David?" He says. He knows he's pushing buttons but that's what he wanted.

"He's not here.. yet, but he'll come, I know he'll come" Liza said hopefully.

However, she was wrong. He didn't come that night. Or I the next morning, in the afternoon. Not one thing. And it hurt Liza. All she wanted was to see his face again, to hear his voice.

To Liza, David was her safety blanket. She felt calm with him, she felt sane with him. But he didn't feel the same. He was hurt, too many times. So he was done.

It was Liza's second day at the hospital and she was still waiting for David. This time, only Kristen came to see her because Scotty got detention for cursing at a teacher.

"Hey, how are you?" She asks. "I'm okay, do you know if David is coming?" The small girl asks sadly. "Um, I don't think so.. he was talking about hanging out with Todd and Corinna today" she says quietly and Liza nods.

"Oh" she says defeated. She thought he'd visit her by now. But he kept his word. He's not coming.