The Knock-Out Ch.24

Heyo longer chapter! The book is ending soon! Thank you guys for supporting me through this crappy book lol. But enjoy this chapter. Okay bye.

When Liza walked to her locker to get ready for her first class she gets some stares. Not as much as she thought, but that didn't bother her. When she got to her locker she was greeted by her favorite couple.

"I didn't expect you to be back so soon" Scotty says and Kristen nudges him while Liza let's out a chuckle. "It's nice to see you too Scott" Liza says and gives him a hug. "What Scott meant to say is that we thought you'd take a little break before you came back. But by the looks of it you seem great" Kristen says and Liza nods.

"I'm a little emotionally drained from everything but I really didn't want to stay home. I've already wasted enough time at the hospital" Liza says rolling her eyes. "You we're recovering Liza" Kristen says laughing a bit and Liza joins. "I guess" Liza mumbles.

"Hey have either of you talked to David?" Liza asks eagerly. "Uh, no not really" Scotty says and Kristen nods. "Oh, okay" Liza says and Kristen looks sad. "What?" Liza questions and starts to her a little worried.

"It's just, Scott and I care for you so much. We wouldn't know what to do with ourselves if something really bad happened to you Liza. Why didn't you tell us you were pregnant? When I found out you were at the hospital I felt sick. We love you Liza, we can't lose you" Kristen says teary eyed as Scotty rubs her back for comfort.

Liza realizes the stress she put on them and starts to tear up. "I'm so sorry, I didn't even realize what I kept from you guys" Liza says and they all group hug. "It's okay Liza, what matters is that you're okay" Scotty says and they all nod.

The first bell rings which signals they need to go to class. The three part ways as Liza goes to her chemistry class. When Liza walks in she sees Carly and Bruce sitting together and decides to sit with them.

"Hey guys" Liza says and Carly smiles. "It's nice to see you back Liza, we missed you" Carly says genuinely thankful she's back. Liza smiles to herself and starts to write the heading for her class.

                            ___________

When David closes his locker, to his surprise he sees Paige there, waiting for him. "David, can we talk for a minute?" She says in a serious tone and David raises an eyebrow. "Uh Yeah sure, what's it about?" He asks and Paige twiddles her thumbs.

"It's about Liza" she answers and David scoffs. "Paige, I'm trying to make my life a Liza free zone so I think I'll pass on this conversation" he says and walks away. However Paige pulls him back to face her. "Do you care about Liza?" She asks. "I try not to, she obviously doesn't care for me" He says bluntly.

"Well you're wrong, 'cause she does in fact care for you and that's why we need to talk" Paige says. "Please I really don't want to" David whines. "Dave, I know deep down inside you still love and care for her. No matter how much you try to deny it, it's true. So please .. just listen" she says and David finally agrees.

"Liza, she's in trouble and part of it is my fault, and I don't know what to do" Paige says and starts to panic. "Hey hey, calm down, what did you do?" David asks. Paige was going to begin before she looks behind her and sees Kevin and Axel walking towards her.

Once Kevin and Paige make eye contact, Kevin yells for her. "Hey Paige wait up!" He says. Paige looks forward and starts walking faster. "Keep walking and don't look back" she whispers to David and he nods yet he's confused as to why. "Hey Paige!" Axel yells as they start jogging up to the two.

Paige grabs David's hand and pulls him as they start running. While running they can't help but laugh at how crazy that must look. They pass by Liza and Liza's heart sinks more. The fact David is happy without Liza makes her sad. She thinks Paige is with David. When in reality Paige really just wants to fix everything.

They run up the stairs and onto the terrace of the school. They try to catch their breaths, but Paige knowing Kevin and Axel, she doesn't have much time left.

"Listen, me, Axel, Kevin and some other guy all work for Mr. Koshy. And-and we're all basically his "spy's". We've spied on you and Liza, just Liza, and I- I regret it. I regret everything" Paige says with tears slowly rolling down her cheeks.

"W-what?" David says still trying to digest what she gave him. "Why?" He asks. "Money. He offered a lot of money. An offer we couldn't refuse. But I quit. I told them that I wasn't going to be apart of it anymore. I couldn't. But David, Joe.. he's dangerous. He has hit-men and I've met them. They take their job very seriously" she says in a low tone.

"How does Joe have all this money?" David asks. "He is hiding money. He illegally has over a million dollars stashed. I don't know how he did it" she admits and David lets out a big sigh. "And now he's hurting Liza. And it's only going to get worse".

Suddenly, Axel and Kevin run up to the two. "Paige we need to talk, now!" Kevin says infuriated. "About what?" Paige asks and Kevin rolls his eyes.

"Just come" Kevin says and pulls Paige towards him aggressively. "Hey! Get your hands off her" David says and pries her away from Kevin. "Butt out asshole!" Kevin says now focusing his attention to David.

"Or what? Don't touch Paige like that" David says scolding at Kevin. "I don't give a fuck and you shouldn't either, Paige get your ass over here now!" He demands and starts to walk towards Paige. However David blocks him and Kevin pushes David.

David pushes Kevin back and they start fist fighting. David throws a punch at Kevin's nose and Kevin swings at his stomach.

"Hey hey! Break it up!" Axel says and pushes Kevin away from David. Paige runs up to David and whispers a "thank you".

"Lets go Kev" Axel says and they start to walk but David says something to catch them. "I know!" He says and they stop and turn around.

"Know what?" Kevin says. "Everything, Paige told me everything" David said.

He might of made a huge mistake.

"Everything?" Axel asks. "Everything" David answers.

Axel sighs and walks closer to David. "Jesus Christ David I'm sorry" he says before grabbing David by the collar knocking him out cold.