Chapter 9: Are Guys Good Shoppers?

~

Needless to say, I wasn't too happy when I came back from my little discussion with Dante. I tried to walk back, avoiding him, but he threw me on his horse instead and we rode back together. Our little talks together were giving me mixed feelings. I closed the door and immediately was embraced by Colton, who had clearly healed from his argument with Dante and the boys. I wrapped my hands around him, glad that he actually cared for me, unlike the others. We walked back into the backyard, which I hadn't been to in the 3 days I had been imprisoned here. Opening the sliding glass door, I saw a pool, a barbecue, and a small arena. I could get used to this....well, minus the boy/vampire drama. I smiled, walking out to the bar area. I really wished I could go swimming right now...but  I don't have any clothes. I frowned. Riley stuck his head out the sliding door, telling Colton and I to come inside. We joined him and the others in the kitchen. Before they had a chance to tell me anything, I blurted out my question.

"Can you guys take me shopping? I'm really tired of wearing gigantic T-shirts and Nike's that are made for Sasquatches."

"You are kind of a giant yourself," Gabriel said, snickering.

"Hey Gabriel, why don't you take her?" Riley asked.

"What-no, I hate shopping plus-" Gabriel argued.

"Take her. Make sure to get some short-shorts and a hot bikini," Dante winked.

What a twat. Seriously, he's like 18. You'd think he'd grown up by now. 

I returned his comment with a glare, causing him to smirk even more. 

"Fine," Gabriel said sternly, grabbing my arm. "Let's go, before it gets dark."

~

Gabriel drove to the local mall, which happened to be the only semi-populated location for miles. I stepped out of the blue Ford Raptor 4 X 4, wishing I owned the beautiful truck. Gabriel noticed me staring.

"You like trucks?"

"Yeah, yours reminds me of mine," I responded with a sigh.

"Oh, well lets go get you some clothes," he said, taking my hand.

We went from shop to shop, until I found a nice boutique. I never was the typical girlie-girl per say, but if they were paying for my clothes, I was definitely going to buy what I wanted. I spent about an hour gathering a large bundle of clothes before going into the fitting rooms. A nice petite brunette showed me to my room, glancing at Gabriel who was sprawled on the couch right outside. I closed the door, watching as she approached him and talked with him. I laughed to myself. Getting girls everywhere he goes. I slipped on a pink laced crop top and some white and black polka dot short shorts. Walking out, I cleared my throat, trying to obtain Gabriel's attention. He smiled politely at the store clerk who went back to helping a customer at the register. I shot him an inquiring glance. He scanned me from head to toe.

"It depends, you look hot in it to me, but I may be biased, you know, being a guy and all." He smiled.

I folded my arms. Why was I even asking him for fashion advice? I returned to the fitting room, this time trying on a lime green bikini Gabriel had picked out for me. The bottoms hug my hips and butt perfectly, suiting my curvy shape pretty well. Of course, Gabriel had picked out the one with the least fabric covering my butt. Did I even want to show him it? Whatever, I told myself. I walked out again, this time he looked like he was almost asleep, his arms folded behind his head and his long legs sprawled straight out in front of him. He woke up on is own, his eyes growing big. He pretended to faint, striking a really dramatic pose.

"That, my dear, is a winner. That's the one. Damn, I could be a fashion designer." he praised himself.

"Don't get too cocky, hot shot." I walked back in to change.

~

5 bags of clothes and shoes later, we hopped in the truck and headed home. I rested my head against the window, letting myself rest. I honestly don't know how some girls shop for so long. I found it exhausting. Usually, I only shopped out of necessity. Gabriel broke the silence, as he turned onto the main highway.

"Hey, you awake?" he asked.

"Yeah," I replied drowsily.

"I just-," he sighed. "I just really wanted to apologize...for my harshness towards you. As you can tell, I have a short temper and have trouble controlling it. But, it wasn't right for me to hurt you. I'm really sorry," he said, running his hands through his hair before returning his grip on the wheel.

"Is Mr. Badass apologizing to me?" I scoffed. "It must be the end of the world, because god almighty this must be a rare occurrence. But, apology accepted. " I laughed.

He smiled, a brilliant heart-melting warmth radiating from it. 

"Don't get to ahead of yourself, I'm still dangerous," he said, attempting to regain his manliness that he lost from the previous moment.

"Whatever you say, softie," I snickered, punching him in his arm. "I used to be terrified of you, but now I think you're just a sad, lost puppy."

He laughed before refocusing his gaze on the road.

"I wouldn't assume that," he shot me a deadly-yet seductive smirk.

His hands tightened on the steering wheel, his knuckles turning white.He yelled something, before smashing his foot on the breaks, causing the truck to skid to a stop in front of a couple of objects.Pushing me back in my seat to prevent me from hitting my head on the dash, he turned his high beams on, exposing the mysterious silhouettes. Some hideous, scarred men stood before us, one holding a shotgun and the other holding an automatic crossbow. The third man took off his cowboy hat staring directly into my eyes, into my soul.

"Dad?" 

~ Thanks for all the reads! Let me know what you think so far! Also, is it too early for teams?? ;)~~

~Gabriel

~Dante

~Riley

~Colton

~Cap'n (Who knows, maybe she would like a horse more than a guy? xD)