Chapter 24: Runaway

~Longer Chapter,  enjoy!~ Thanks for all the reads and votes so far!~

I felt myself drift from the dream and come back to reality. I opened my eyes, disoriented by the awful nightmare I had just had. It was just a dream, right? I was relieved when I saw that Dante was still asleep next to me, his arm draped protectively over my waist.  The little comfort I had left me, leaving me panicked at the incoming group of hunters and the pyscho bitch upstairs. I can't take any chances. I'm going with my gut feeling on this one. My dream was an omen. I glanced over at Dante's sleeping form. He would overreact if I woke him. I need to talk to someone else right now...maybe Gabriel? Colton? I slowly put one of my feet on the ground, making sure not to wake Dante. 

5 minutes and becoming a human pretzel, I finally had managed to manuveur my whole body out of his grasp. I was straightening myself when he rolled over to face the back of the couch, his snore continuing. I breathed a sigh of relief. I crept down the downstairs hallway to Colton's room. I peeked through the crack of the door before pushing it open. Colton was face down on his bed, his pillow wrapped around his head and his sheets thrown throughout the room. Various types of chips lined his dresser, along with a couple soda cans. Ew. I chose my steps carefully, making sure not to step on anything. I poked Colton, and he responded almost instantly. 

"Hm?" he said, not even bothering to roll over or open his eyes. I poked at his sides until he rolled over, annoyed.

"I said what!" I put my finger to my lips.

"Shut up, you need to stay quiet," I said, staring him down.

"What's going on?" He sat up, a concerned look painted across his features. 

"I will tell you in a minute. I need you to help me wake up Gabriel."

He nodded, dragging himself off of his bed. We walked next door and pushed Gabriel's door open. He was facing away from us, his naked back exposed from the sheets. Colton noticed me staring and snapped his fingers in front of my face.

"Get yourself together," he whispered. I rolled my eyes, making my way to his bed. I tapped his arms a couple of times, with no luck. Instead, I crawled up and over him, straddling him on either sides. He finally rolled over to face me. His eyes opened wide in alarm, and his mouth opened to say something, but I was quicker. My hand shot out to cover his mouth and stop his speech.

"Sorry to ruin your beauty sleep, but its an emergency. You need to stay quiet," I whispered. He nodded, and I released my hand. I pulled him out of his bed, Colton following me. I led them into the garage, closing the door to the house gently. I sat behind the truck in the dark, wanting as much privacy as possible. Colton and Gabriel sat down next to me, cramped in the tiny space.

"What the hell is going on?!" Gabriel whispered.

"Just listen to me, ok? I had a dream. More like a nightmare, actually. I went upstairs to talk to Aurora, and then I told you guys something I forgot to tell you.."

"Aurora? Is that the new girl?" Colton cut me off. I nodded in response.

"Wait, what didn't you tell us?" Gabriel's voice rose slightly, and Colton shushed him.

"Well, I bit Krystal..and my dad...and Hunter. I was hoping it would kill Krystal and Hunter, but it didn't, for some strange reason. Anyways, bottom line is that Krystal works for my dad and she led them here. They trapped Dante and I and that's when I woke up..." I trailed off, my voice faltering.

Colton had a mixture of fear and shock in his eyes. Gabriel's golden orbs were full of nothing but fury and hatred. His jaw was set in a tight line as he stared at me, and I knew he must be envisioning himself killing me in his head.