Chapter 20: Have Fun, Loverboys

Dante continued to distract me from my mission, his fiery kisses leaving my skin all tingly. He pulled back for a split second, looking me in the eyes. I took my chance.

"You turned me into what you are. You did this to me, you bastard!" I pounded his chest. A genuine hurt appeared in his eyes, I clearly had hit the right spot in his cold heart. The depressed expression disappeared from his face in an instance, a snarl replacing it.  He turned his attention to the door, where footsteps could be heard.

"You told him," he growled at me. His eyes went black and gold, sending shivers down my spine.

"Oh, I can't wait to punish you, princess," he smiled down at me, releasing his weight from me. I rolled over, trying to catch my breath. Gabriel bust the door in half, charging into the bedroom.

"I'm going to kill you," he yelled, pointing a finger at Dante, and walking towards him. 

"I could say the same to you, vampire," Dante hissed. Is that an insult? I really need to brush up on my supernatural urban dictionary terms....

Apparently, it was an insult, because Gabriel ran at Dante, tackling him with ease. He has to play football. Gabriel looked down at Dante who was recovering from the tackle. His fists were clenched at his side, his muscles rippling beneath his navy blue shirt. I slowly inched back towards the door. 

"Get up, Hybrid," he yelled. 

Dante slowly rose, his pitch black eyes making my stomach churn. The eyes of a cold-hearted killer. Gabriel's own eyes blazed a burnt umber/amber color. Dante's dark curls fell into his face, making him even sexier. Gabriel's hair was tousled, making him look sexy as well. I must look like an idiot standing here and looking both of them over. Crap, Gabriel can read my thoughts.  Ah, what the hellI needed time to escape. 

"Gabriel?" I asked in my mind.

"What." His tone was harsh and blunt. He clearly was at his wits end with Dante. 

"Uh...Dante kind of-" I broke my thoughts up.

"He what?" he demanded an answer. Dante was still trying to calm himself down in the corner.

"He...bonded with me." I choked out.

Gabriel's face went stolid, trying to hide his rage. A vein popped in his head, and his knuckles were white from clenching them so hard. I turned and ran out of the bedroom, into Riley's room. Iris was in the middle of screaming at him. They both stared at me, stopping their words.

"Oh, uh sorry, but its kind of an emergency..." I sputtered.

Riley was out of the room in two seconds, following the gruesome noises to the bedroom. He opened the door, yelling to Colton, who ran downstairs. They both went inside the room screaming at the raging boys. I glanced at Iris before running upstairs. I packed a few essentials, including clothes, my phone, money (that I took from Dante- It wasn't like the rich boy needed it right now), and shoes. I grabbed the duffel bag and ran down the stairs and out front. Riley's truck was parked, a horse trailer in tow. Yes. Cap'n is finally here!!! I threw my bag in the truck bed and ran around the back. I was greeted by a whinnying happy boy. 

"Awww, c'mon boy, let's get out of here," I whispered to him, scratching his soft muzzle. 

"Can I come?" Iris stood next to me. I almost jumped. I looked her up and down. Her petite body was covered in a floral dress, and her auburn hair was thrown in a messy bun. Her mascara was streaked from the tears that ran down her face. Poor thing. A little time away from that testosterone-filled household wouldn't kill us. And it wouldn't hurt to have another girl to talk to.

"Yeah, of course," I replied. I was surprised to see she already had a bag packed. 

"Wait, hold on," she walked around the corner. I opened the back of the trailer, putting shipping boots and a padded halter on Cap'n to make sure he had a safe ride. Iris came around the corner, leading the giant Belgian Draft Colton usually rode. Behind her trailer the old Australian Shepherd. 

"I needed a horse. I thought I could take Indiana," she shrugged her shoulders. Indiana. That reminds me of Indiana Jones...god I loved those movies. The horse nickered, swaying his light blonde tail. He was a gorgeous palomino. 

"Of course," I said and she led the horse into the trailer, putting on his shipping boots and halter. Cap'n pinned his ears back at the new horse.

"Hey, don't be an asshole. You be nice to new friends," I scolded him. His ears went back to their normal position and he snorted.

"That's right mister," I pointed my finger at him. I looked at Iris, who had a puzzled look across her face. 

"You're talking to a horse," she stated simply.

"Yeah, and vampires exist. Which do you think is weirder?" She laughed, picking up the dog. I threw in some saddles and bridles, along with some feed and water. I shut the trailer door, making sure it was secure. 

"I'm going to put  Harley in the backseat, can you get the truck started?"

"Yeah," she hopped in the passenger seat, after putting the old dog in the backseat. 

Putting the car in reverse, we embarked on our journey. 

They say not to run from your feelings, but I wasn't running. I'm galloping away from them, with a new-found friend. 

~

We were  driving for thirty minutes or so when I spoke up. The long barren dirt road seemed to go on for miles. Judging by the small dust storms and tumbleweeds crossing the road, no one had been here in awhile.

"Are you okay?" Iris lifted her head from the window.

"No, Riley is scaring me. He's been so violent...so possessive. I'm almost scared of him now. He used to be so sweet, I don't know what happened," she muttered.

~

"You're mine," Dante breathed into my neck.

~

"He knows you're mine..."

~

A shiver went down my spine. 

"Gabriel and Dante especially have made me feel the same way."