Chapter 25: Thrill Seeker

~Another Really long chapter!~

~Thanks so much for all of the reads, votes, follows, and comments! It means alot! If you want me to check out or read your book, just shoot me a pm! Enjoy~

~G

Two shirtless guys galloping next to me on gorgeous horses. It really was a dream come true.

~

Two hours inland we got off our horses and tied them to large slabs of sandstone. I unsaddled Cap'n and made sure he was comfortable before making my way to a large rock that overlooked the horizon. I dusted off my flannel pajama pants before sitting down on the cold surface. I wish I could forget all of these horrible things. I wish I could be back home, my mother making lunch while Dante and I played in the sandbox. I wish I could forget the wrong that my parents have done. I can't. I sighed, kicking a small pebble off the edge and watching it fall down the cliff. The soft murmurs of the others in the distance reminded me that I did have friends here. People I could trust. Right? They did turn you into a supernatural creature-I reminded myself. Dirt crunching underfoot snapped me back to reality. I smiled to myself as Colton came and sat down next to me, his chocolate hair still tangled from sleep. His Longhorn Football T-shirt was dusty from the dirt, and there was a smudge of dirt under his eye. His big brown eyes staring into mine softened my heart, reminding me how much of a beautiful person he was, inside and out. The sweetest vampire, let alone person, I had ever met. 

"Hey," he smiled, placing his hand on my knee. I managed to give him a small smile. I could already feel myself falling apart. Emotions. Maybe I still had them. One little piece of my humanity is still there. A tear slipped out, making it's way down my cheek where Colton rubbed it away, pulling me into his chest. He cradled me, his low voice soothing me as I let the warm tears fall down my face.

I don't know how long I stayed in his arms before Dante came. He switched positions with Colton and sat down next to me. He too pulled me into his chest, and I clutched at his hair, keeping him close. Maybe his soul wasn't as black as I thought. I still don't understand this boy. He leaned down, kissing my forehead gently as I continued to sob. I had cried so long that nothing else was coming out, leaving dry streaks on my face. I pulled away from him, regaining myself.

"I won't let them hurt you, not again. Not after what they made me do- I will never forgive myself. If he ever gets ahold of me again, and you can end it....do it. I can't live knowing they will use me to make you suffer like this," he mumbled into my ear.

"Do the same to me, if it ever got that bad," I mumbled.

I wanted to cry so much more at his heartbreaking words, but the sadness had left. I nodded my head slowly, trying to process what he had just told me. I was on too much of an emotional roller coaster to focus on anything. I looked up at him, once again losing myself in his beautiful eyes. The same ones I thought about when I was a young girl. The same ones that I loved, the same ones that haunted me. He knew my intention, pulling me in for a kiss. His lips melted to mine, making butterflies dance in the pit of my stomach. It was startling how quickly he made me forget about the mess that is my life. I pulled away smiling, punching him on the shoulder for dragging me out of my much needed cry-session. He offered his hand, lifting me up and walking me back to the group where the others had gathered in a small circle around a makeshift fire. The fledgling-Aurora, was snuggled up against Gabriel's chest, and I couldn't help but smile. He finally was accepting his mistakes. He would be good to her, protect her with his life. He smiled and nodded at me as if to confirm my thought. The beautiful moment was broken off by my stomach rumbling. So hungry... Dante saw the need to feed flash through my eyes. He immediately grabbed my arm and hauled me to my feet, walking me around the corner of the rock. I noticed Gabriel's look of confusion as I was hauled out of view.