Chapter Two

Before I start this, I want to mention that Leia was raised as a Jedi (I swear to you that is a real, legal religion, and it's an inside joke because I started drafting this fic on Star Wars Day) and jokes will be made about it. If you get offended, please don't leave hateful comments or anything like that. I will take action against it. Now, on with the story!

Dying was peaceful, at first. It was like slowly drifting off to sleep, but it quickly became too bright and too loud.

"I thought that death was supposed to be super peaceful and you'd simply be incorporated into the Force once more or some crap like that." she thought, squinting at the light that was ever so steadily getting brighter and noisier.

"What is with this noise?" she thought, "It sounds like...talking. But they don't seem angry or upset, so why are they practically screaming at each other?"

Once she got close enough to the light, she quickly realized that it was a portal to somewhere. She didn't want to go through that portal, but no matter how much she struggled, she couldn't stop going through the portal.

She went through the portal, eyes closed. When she could feel wind rushing past her and pulling at her shoulder-length red hair, she dared to open her eyes.

She screamed as she fell to Earth.

Dean was extremely confused. One minute he was in hell, the next minute he was topside but wasn't a demon? How did that work? He looked around his headstone at all the fallen trees.

"What the hell happened?" he muttered in shock.

He sat down for a second, until he heard screaming from above where he was. He looked up and saw a girl with red hair falling into where his grave used to be. He immediately jumped back into where he was buried and prepared himself to at least break her fall, if not catch her. He ended up breaking her fall since his legs gave out from not standing for so long and combined with the girl's weight, (she wasn't heavy by any means, but she had been falling really fast,) he fell with her, her side on his chest.

"Are you okay?" she asked, looking at him dazedly. Her voice sounded slightly raspy, almost as if she hadn't talked in quite some time.

"I should be the one asking you that." he wheezed from underneath her.

"I honestly don't know. I was dead one minute and the next thing I know, I'm here with you, duckie."

"Duckie?" thought Dean, but then he picked up on the first thing she said.

"You were dead too? What the hell is going on here?" he said, helping her sit up as he tried to get up.

"Anyways, the name's Leia. And you are?" the girl asked. Dean hadn't noticed that she was standing until he realized that she was reaching her hand out to pull him up.

"I'm Dean. And your parents seriously named you Leia?" he asked, taking her offer and allowing her to pull him to his feet.

"Yep, even been raised as a Jedi. And yes, that is a real religion." she rolled her shoulders and neck, cracks resonating from her body.

"That's a little overboard, don'tcha think?"

"Tell that to my parents."

"Wanna go find out how long we've been dead?" he asked, pulling her out of the grave.

"Sure."

They walked off, trying to find some form of civilization.

The purple flannel that Leia had been wearing was now around her waist, and she was now in simply a mint green tank top with some gray skinny jeans. All of her outfit seemed a little singed, and so were the ends of her hair. She was super confused as to how that happened, but she attributed it to going to the light source which then must have turned into a portal, or maybe she was just falling that fast. She then turned to her mysterious companion.

He was wearing clothes that were completely covered in dirt, but it looked like they were a green military jacket of sorts, a black t-shirt, and some blue jeans. He didn't talk much, which was fine with Leia. It meant that she didn't have to answer any questions that she probably didn't have an answer to. There was just one problem with him; he looked extremely familiar. She couldn't remember where she'd seen someone like him before, but she was almost 100% certain that she had seen him before. Maybe he just looked like a regular at her job? Who knows, it might just be some weird form of deja vu or something.

Finally, after what felt like forever, they came upon a gas station.

"Hello?" Dean called out, sounding rather hoarse. He was quickly becoming dehydrated due to the fact that he couldn't take off his jacket and they had been walking for some time.

There was no answer, so Dean and Leia went inside. Dean immediately went over to the drinks and pulled out a bottle of water, chugging about half of it, while Leia wandered around the store, picking up a few plastic bags and starting to fill them with snacks and water bottles. She ended up pausing by the stand that was holding the newspapers, and nearly dropped the bags.

"Hey Dean, you're gonna want to look at this." she called out shakily.

Dean emerged from the bathroom, looking a little concerned but then relaxed slightly.

"What's up?" he walked over to where she was standing.

"September, huh?" he said to himself, and then looked over at Leia who appeared to be having a major internal crisis.

"You good?" he asked.

"I don't think this newspaper is right. It can't be, right? This gas station's been abandoned, so maybe the newspapers are out of date?" she looked up at him, eyes wide and almost brimming with tears.

"What do you mean, the newspapers are out of date? It's about the same weather for September, so it can't be that far off, can it? Now, what's got you so worked up?"he said gently.

"You see how it says that it's 2008?" she said, voice cracking.

"Yeah, so?"

"I died in 2018."