Chapter Twenty Four

A/N: Guys I am so sorry for essentially abandoning this! College is hell and I feel like I'm failing all my classes except one, (especially after midterms) and I'm having to go thru some medical testing, so I haven't had much time to update. But now that I'm on a break for a week, I am planning on updating at least once more after this. But for now, on with the story!

Dean pulled out his phone, and kept trying to call Sam.

"There's nothing but static." said Dean.

"I don't know what to do about that, Dean." said Leia honestly.

"Alright. This is the one time I'm going to ask you this: what happens next? I kinda want to know that there's hope for the future." said Dean.

Leia looked down at the floor. "I don't know." she said quietly.

"What do you mean, you don't know?" Dean growled.

"I've been... forgetting parts of your future. I don't know why, or how; I just have been. Like that time I was asking about your other brother. I couldn't remember that. I couldn't remember anything useful about why Castiel got called back to Heaven that one time. All I remember is stuff like my past life and my favorite songs. I don't know how to help, Dean. And believe me, I would love to." she said, looking earnestly up at Dean.

Dean rubbed his hand over his face. "Great. Just great. The one time I want to know, you end up having selective amnesia."

"It's not my fault, Dean. I told you, I have no idea what's going on with my memory." said Leia, slightly angry.

Suddenly, Castiel appeared behind Dean.

"Hiya Cassie, what brings you to this little corner of Heaven?" said Leia. He nodded at Leia.

"You're not going to be able to reach Sam, Dean. You're out of your coverage area." he said.

"What are you gonna do to Sam?" asked Dean.

"Nothing. He's gonna do it to himself." said Castiel.

"What's that supposed to mean?" asked Dean. Castiel looked away. "Right, right. Gotta toe the company line. Why are you here, Cas?"

"We've been through much together, you and I. And I just wanted to say, I'm sorry it ended like this. And Leia, although we haven't spent much time together, I like to consider you a friend, and I thank you for staying with the boys throughout this whole endeavor."

Leia simply smiled at him and said, "I'd like to consider you a friend as well, Castiel, and thank you for being with the boys when I couldn't."

Dean interrupted, "Alright, alright, enough with the feelings fest. And seriously Cas, 'sorry'? You need a much bigger word than 'sorry', considering it's fucking Armageddon."

"Try to understand; this is long foretold. This is your-" said Castiel.

"Destiny?" Dean interrupted, "Don't give me that 'holy' crap. Destiny, God's plan...It's all a bunch of lies, you poor, stupid son of a bitch! It's just a way for your bosses to keep me and keep you in line! You know what's real? People, families- that's real. And you're gonna watch them all burn?"

"What is so worth saving? I see nothing but pain here. I see inside you. I see your guilt, your anger, confusion. In paradise, all is forgiven. You'll be at peace. Even with Sam."

"Castiel, honey, that's what makes us human. Pain, anger, confusion, death; yes, they are all horrible feelings, but keep in mind, there's also peace, happiness, clarity, and life. There is a balance to everything. If we had all of those good things without the bad, we wouldn't be human. You can have too much of a good thing, you know." said Leia gently.