Chapter Twenty Two

A/N: Hi guys! I have a minute to update, so I thought I'd do it now since I have my freshman seminar meeting in the morning. (Yay Saturday classes, am I right?) But orientation has been so exhausting that I had to take a breather today. I did my activities and after we had a break I just continued to avoid things so I could relax and not socialize right now. I got to hold a guinea pig for the first time today because our library has pet guinea pigs that we can just come and play with. Oh, and this is the chapter where shit sort-of gets interesting. Also, Leia might seem a little different than how she is usually portrayed, but there is a good reason I swear. And thank you guys for all the hearts and reads while I've been away! Anyways, on with the chapter (and go watch the MV for Idol by BTS if you're into kpop. It's soo good and blows my mind every time I watch it.)

The next day, Leia found herself sitting on Bobby's couch again, this time with a cup of coffee in her hands and an untouched donut on a plate on the coffee table in front of her. Bobby was talking about how bad things were getting in other parts of the country and that they could use Sam's help.

"Dean? Dean! You listen to a word I said?" said Bobby.

"Yeah, I heard you. I'm not calling him." said Dean stubbornly.

"Don't make me get my gun, boy." said Bobby.

"We are damn near kickoff for Armageddon. Don't you think we got bigger fish at the moment?" said Dean angrily.

"Dean," Leia sighed, "Don't you think that Sam is one of those bigger fish, and that if we're not careful, he could die?"

"Leia's right. We know you're pissed. And I'm not making apologies for what he's done, but he's your-" said Bobby.

"Blood? He's my blood, is that what you're going to say?" said Dean angrily.

"He's your brother," Bobby gently corrected, "And he's drowning."

"Bobby, I tried to help him. I did. Look what happened."

"The turnout was largely your fault, Dean." said Leia. Dean looked at her angrily.

"So try again." said Bobby.

"It's too late." said Dean.

"There's no such thing."

"No! Damnit," said Dean, turning to Bobby, "No. I gotta face the facts. Sam never wanted to be part of this family. He hated this life growing up. Ran away to Stanford first chance he got. Now it's like deja vu all over again."

"Dean, don'tcha think that other people have gone through the same thing?" Leia sat down her coffee cup, hands shaking from her desire to throw the cup at him, "I got so angry and hurt at my twin for leaving me to deal with our psycho parents and all the emotional abuse they liked to dish out when he decided he was gonna go to a college half-way across the country. I thought he didn't want anything to with me; I was torn up for weeks about it. I told him that I never wanted to speak to him again, and that the next time I would ever want to see him would be on my deathbed. However, I reached out to him and we eventually settled our differences. You have to be the one to reach out, Dean. Because when you tell them to leave, they don't wanna come back on their own." said Leia angrily.

Dean and Bobby were slightly stunned into silence at Leia's outburst. They realized that they didn't really know anything about her life from before she fell, and that they had never asked.

Dean sat down on the couch next to Leia. He was still angry at Sam for what he had done.

"I am sick and tired of chasing him. Screw him, he can do what he wants." said Dean, crossing his arms over his chest.