Chapter Ten

Once they pulled up to the warehouse where they were going to summon Castiel, Bobby pulled out a can of spray paint and tossed it to Leia.

"Whoa, Bobby. I'm no artist. I can barely draw a straight line with a ruler." she said.

"Good thing there's not a whole lotta straight lines to be drawn. The book's over there if you need help drawing." he nodded to a leather-bound book sitting in a corner of the trunk. She picked it up and starting flipping through it. There were all sorts of symbols on every page.

"You're looking for the section that says 'Protection'." said Bobby offhandedly, starting to move things inside, "Start labelling the doors with some of them, and then draw a devil's trap directly in front of the doors."

"Yes sir!" said Leia, saluting with the paint can in her hand. She hit herself slightly in the head. "Oww, that hurt."

Dean snickered. "Don't make me spray this in your face, Duckie." she said.

"Wouldn't dream of it, kiddo."

Dean whistled when he walked inside, Bobby and Leia having just put the finishing touches on what they were doing.

"Don't touch them. The paint isn't dry yet."commented Leia as she put the last squiggly line in whatever she was drawing. She started climbing down the ladder she was standing on.

"That's a hell of an art project you've got going there." commented Dean, looking around the room before setting down a duffle bag on the table.

Bobby looked up from his particular piece. "Traps and talismans from every faith on the globe."

"Except Jediism." interrupted Leia. She knew that there weren't any, but she enjoyed messing with the guys about her religion.

Bobby rubbed his hand over his face exasperatedly. "How many times do I have to tell you kid, it's not a real religion?"

"I could prove to you that it is if we had an internet connection." Leia said playfully.

"How you doin?" Bobby asked Dean, who was trying to keep from laughing at Leia and Bobby.

Dean cleared his throat and gestured toward the duffle bag. "Stakes, iron, silver, salt, knife. I mean, we're pretty much set to catch and kill anything I've ever heard of."

"Castiel isn't something you've ever heard of. Or at least believe exists." muttered Leia under her breath.

"This is still a bad idea." said Bobby.

Dean rolled his eyes. "Yeah, Bobby, I heard you the first ten times. What do you say we ring the dinner bell."

Bobby slumped, feeling defeated, and walked over to another table, which held a little bowl. He took a pinch of what was in that bowl and put it into a larger bowl. He began chanting in Latin, but he was speaking so low that Leia couldn't understand him. The bowl began smoking.

Dean and Bobby were sitting on tables while Leia was sitting on the last few rungs of the ladder she had been standing on, all of them waiting on Castiel to show up. It was painfully obvious to Bobby that Dean was antsy, but Leia's calmness disturbed him. Wasn't she worried about what would show up?

Dean looked at Bobby. "Are you sure you did the ritual right?" he asked. Bobby simply glared at him.

"Sorry. Touchy, huh?" As soon as Dean finished that sentence, the roof began rattling. Dean and Bobby both grabbed their shotguns while Leia sat there.

"Wishful thinking, but maybe it's the wind." said Dean.

"It's not." said Leia as the doors opened.