Chapter Twenty Six

A knocking at the door roused Leia from her sleep, and she sat up in the bed and stretched as Dean went to open the door.

"Hey, Bobby." Dean gave him a hug, and Bobby gave him a slap on the back.

"Good to see you boys all in one piece." said Bobby. Leia rushed over to give him a hug, and almost knocked him off of his feet. "Whoa, nice to see you too, Leia."

"I've missed you a lot, what with all of this crazy shit happening." she said, pulling away from him.

"I've missed you too, kid."

Bobby then moved over to hug Sam, and Dean shut the door.

"You weren't followed, were you?" asked Dean seriously.

"You mean by angels, demons, or Sam's new superfan and Leia's new best friend?" Bobby replied.

Sam laughed, while Leia blushed. "You heard?" they asked in unison.

"I heard, Romeo and Little Miss Fangirl. So...Sword of Michael, huh?" he asked.

Leia felt that his tone of voice was...strange. She couldn't put her finger on it, but something was different.

"You think we're looking for the actual sword from the actual archangel?" asked Dean.

"You better friggin hope so." said Bobby. He took a book from on top of the stack that was nearby and opened it to a painting. If it was supposed to be about Michael, Leia thought, Michael was very pretty. Although she found the depictions of the other angels kind of demeaning, now that she had actually met a few.

"That's Michael. Toughest son of a bitch they've got." said Bobby, shaking Leia out of her thoughts.

Sam turned the page, and there was another painting of Michael. He still looked a bit girly, but it wasn't as prominent as in the first painting.

"You kidding me? Tough? That guy looks like Cate Blanchett." said Dean.

"Hey, angels are supposed to be beautiful, and archangels even more so. Just because they're pretty doesn't mean they won't cut a bitch." said Leia.

"Leia's got a point. I wouldn't want to meet him in a dark alley, believe me," said Bobby, "He commands the heavenly host. During the last big dust-up upstairs, he's the one who booted Lucifer's ass downstairs. Did it with that sword."

Bobby pointed to the sword in painting-Michael's hand. "So if we can find it..." he trailed off.

"We can kick the devil's ass all over again. All right. So, where do we start?" asked Sam.

"Divvy up and start reading. Try to make sense of Chuck's nonsense." said Bobby.

Sam began moving towards a stack of books that was close to the couch in the room, and Leia decided that she would go help him so she went with him. They got to the stack and...Sam didn't move. He didn't take any books. His face looked so upset and conflicted, until Leia saw him set his jaw and turn around to face Bobby. Leia then moved towards Dean, trying to figure out what Sam was gonna do next.

"Kid? You alright?" asked Bobby.

"No, actually. Bobby, this is all my fault. I'm sorry." said Sam.

"Sam..." said Leia, sounding wary.

"Lilith didn't break the final seal. Lilith was the final seal." said Sam.

"Sam, stop it." said Dean, his voice low.

"I killed her, and I set Lucifer free." said Sam.

"You what?" asked Bobby angrily.

"You guys warned me about Ruby, the demon blood, but I didn't listen. I brought this on." said Sam in a rush, trying to get all of his guilt out in the open.