Chapter Thirty

"No tricks--you two actually beat the guy?" asked Bobby.

"Well, I card-counted a little in the beginning, but other than that, no." said Leia, smiling wide.

"How the hell?" asked Bobby.

"Just lucky." said Sam.

Dean then chose that moment to walk in with a burger. Sam realized what time it was, and he made his way to the door.

"Hey, I'll see you guys later." he said as he grabbed his jacket.

"Where you going?" asked Dean.

"Umm...nowhere." said Sam.

All three of them looked at him suspiciously.

"A booster shot. Don't say it." he said.

Sam left and then Dean sat his burger down on the table in the room. Bobby groaned.

"Well, I guess we can start getting the van loaded." he said.

Dean cleared his throat. "I shouldn't have called you an idiot."

"Which time?" asked Bobby.

"Dean!" said Leia in light shock.

"I'm sorry. I mean, I actually--I--I get it. Getting old ain't a bachelor party. And dealing with the crap you have to deal with..." said Dean.

"Don't you go on pity patrol." said Bobby.

"I'm not. I'm not." stressed Dean, "I'm just...I'm saying, you know, if I was in your shoes..."

"You'd never stop complaining." finished Bobby.

Dean paused for a moment, simply staring. "Fair enough. You're not useless, Bobby."

"Dean's right. You're not useless Bobby. You spend hours of every day researching and translating, and playing government officials every so often. You do so much for every hunter, and I don't think you give yourself enough credit." said Leia sincerely.

"Okay. Good talk." said Bobby. He began to roll himself away, but Dean stepped into his path.

"No, wait a minute. Listen to me." Dean sighed, and then continued, "You don't stop bein a soldier 'cause you got wounded in battle. Okay? No matter what shape you're in, you're family. I don't know if you've noticed, but me and Sam, we don't have much left. And Leia has nowhere else to go for a stable home." Leia nodded at Dean's statement, "I can't do this without you. I can't. So don't you dare think about checking out. I don't want to hear that again."

Dead silence.

"Okay." said Bobby after a few moments.

"Okay. Good." said Dean.

"Thanks. Now we done feeling our feelings? 'Cause I'd like to get out of this room before we both start growing lady parts." said Bobby.

"Yeah, we're done." said Dean.

"God, no wonder you people have constant meltdowns. With how emotionally constipated you all are, it's a wonder none of you have cracked yet." said Leia, throwing her hands in the air exasperatedly.

"Let's go, Ironsides, Princess." said Dean, picking up his bag.

"Oh, that one's sticking?" asked Bobby.

Leia scowled. "I might be named after one of the more badass princesses, but I don't appreciate the nickname."

"Well, sucks for you, Princess." said Dean, smirking and walking out the door.