Chapter Twelve

Hi guys! Happy Friday the 13th! *shhh I know I have thirty minutes until it's over* In honor of this wonderful holiday, I'm gonna update! I will also update tomorrow, but I felt this holiday deserved an update because, well, the boys have the worst luck ever and ya know, monsters. On with the story!

When they pulled up to Olivia's house, Leia could immediately tell something was wrong. It just felt...off. Sam and Dean told Leia to stay in the car, mainly because she didn't have a gun and she didn't have any fighting experience. They didn't know that she actually had a seventh dan black belt in taekwondo. (She also knew capoeira, but that was mainly for endurance.) Her parents really believed in the Jedi teaching that well-being was in the mental, spiritual, and (especially) the physical state of a person.

She agreed to stay in the car, mainly because they had a point with the whole "no-special-gun" thing, under the condition that one of them came and got her after ten minutes, no matter if there was something wrong or not. They reluctantly agreed, and headed in the house.

She became bored very quickly.

"God, ten minutes takes forever when you have nothing to do but sit and wait." she thought aloud. Suddenly, there was a sound like something fluttering its wings, and Castiel appeared.

"Jesus! Cas, honey, love you mean it, but please don't appear so close to me?" Castiel was almost sitting on top of her in the backseat of the Impala, and she had to push one of his wings out of her face until he put them away completely.

"So, what brings you to this neck of the woods?" she asked after Castiel had moved to sit beside her, taking care to put space between her and him.

"I thought I heard praying, so I wanted to make sure that everything was alright." he said.

"Oh, I was just exclaiming that ten minutes takes forever when you have nothing to do. Wait, angels answer to someone talking to God? Why doesn't he answer himself?" she asked.

"Well, he's very busy, so he only has time to do things of the utmost importance. At least, that's what I'm told." he said.

"Oh, okay. Makes sense, I suppose." she paused. "I can ask for you to appear, too? Not just Sam and Dean?"

"I suppose, since I have the feeling that you're going to stay with them." he shrugged. "I don't see a reason why you shouldn't be able to."

"Thanks, Cas. I hope we become good friends." Leia hugged him, and he stiffened, but returned the hug after a moment. He was hoping against all hope that he wasn't going to be in trouble later, but the protective aura around Leia was feeling more menacing the longer she hugged him. She let go, and he was able to breathe comfortably again.

"I should get going. I have things to do, and Sam is about to come and get you." The fluttering noise sounded again, and Castiel was gone.

"Well, bye Cas." she said, sounding dejected.

Sam showed up and unlocked the car, opening the door to the backseat. "Olivia's dead." He stated.

"Well fuck. Okay, you need help burying her?" said Leia, stretching and getting out of the car.

Leia was, once again, sitting in the Impala while Sam and Dean went into the house of another friend of Bobby's, named Jed. Currently, she was singing "What's This?" from The Nightmare Before Christmas as loud as she could, trying to starve off the boredom. She didn't want to call on Castiel again, since she was pretty sure he had a lot of important angel-y things to do.

"...They're busy building toys and absolutely no one's dead! There's frost on every window-" she stopped singing when she saw Sam and Dean coming down the stairs of the house, Dean on the phone. Sam and Dean opened the doors, Sam driving while Dean rode shotgun.

"We're on our way." said Dean, hanging up the phone.

"I'm assuming that was Bobby?" said Leia with a yawn.

"Yep." answered Dean, with a yawn of his own, "We're heading back to his place."

"Okay."

Leia had registered in her sleep-addled brain that they had stopped somewhere, probably a gas station, because of the bright light hitting her face. She shivered; the whole place felt super cold, and she had no jacket like the boys did. She decided to wake up Dean and ask for his jacket.

"Hey Dean? Deeeeeannnnnn, please wake up. It's cold and I want your jacket..." she said, shaking his shoulder.

"Wha-?" Dean woke up, still a little tired. However, he quickly realized that he could see his breath in the car.

"Get out and follow me, okay? We've gotta go find Sam." he said, worry lacing his tone.

Leia nodded, trying not to fall back asleep. She got out of the car along with Dean, who pulled out his gun, pointing it downward. They snuck over towards the bathroom, and Leia heard a thunk come from inside. She tugged on Dean's arm, stopping him from moving on. She nodded, and Dean kicked down the door. Standing over Sam's body was a man Leia couldn't remember seeing before, grinning maliciously down at Sam. Dean shot the man, and he disappeared in a cloud of smoke.

She went over to Sam to check and see if he was okay.

"He's still breathing. Help me get him up?" she said, wide awake now.

"Yeah, of course." Dean managed to pull Sam up, and together Leia and Dean were able to walk Sam back to the car and put him in the passenger seat.