Chapter Twenty Nine

All of them were sitting in Bobby's van. Dean and Bobby were sitting in the front seat while Sam and Leia sat in the back. Sam was leaning forward to watch everything with Bobby and Dean, while Leia was just bored out of her mind.

Suddenly, Leia heard the screech of car tires, and then someone yelling.

"What the hell is going on?" she asked.

"Looks like Patrick got hit." said Sam.

"Good." said Leia.

"Never mind." he said, moving back just in time for Leia to see him driving away in another car.

"Damn."

Dean laughed. "I got to say, I kind of like the guy." he said.

"You're not supposed to like someone who did this to you, Dean!" said Leia, and she then thought for a moment. "If that was the case, then you shouldn't like yourself either, so I guess it's alright."

When they got to the skyscraper that Patrick was apparently staying in, everyone climbed out of the van. Leia walked over to help Dean walk, while Sam pushed Bobby into the building.

As they got farther into the building, Bobby suddenly said, "Well, I'm out."

Leia looked up and saw a sign on the elevator that said, "ELEVATOR OUT OF ORDER SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE".

"Do you want company?" she asked.

"No, Dean's gonna need your help getting down those stairs. It's more dangerous for him to go down than it is to go up, and Sam's gonna be the one carrying all the chips." said Bobby.

"Alright. If you're sure." she began walking Dean towards the stairs. He grabbed onto the handrail, and Leia started up the stairs by herself.

Leia could hear Dean's breathing all the way from where she was. She looked down at them from her position on the stairs and realized that she was about four flights ahead of them.

"Dean." said Sam, and he pointed to a large number two on the wall.

"Sam." she called out, grinning. He looked up, and saw her.

"How the heck are you that far ahead of us?" he called back.

She shrugged and continued walking.

Leia ended up waiting on Sam, and then they both waited on Dean. Poor Dean looked like he was ready to keel over any minute. She rushed over to help him, and ended up pulling him up the last few steps while Sam sorted through lockpicks.

She assumed that Sam had unlocked the door, because when she had gotten Dean to the door, it was wide open. They walked through the door and began helping Sam search. Leia was looking through some papers on a desk, while Sam was looking through some drawers. Dean was looking through an armoire, and seemed to have found something by the hollow knocking noise that came from his direction.

"Sam?" he called.

Sam walked over, while Leia continued looking through the papers. She ended up finding some interesting drawings and spells, seeming only half-finished. She folded up one piece of paper in particular and stuck it in her pocket, mainly because it looked super old and the drawing on it interested her. She looked over at Dean who was trying his hardest to read the numbers on a safe, but he couldn't read them at all.

"It's like Mission: Pathetic. Watch out." said Sam, gently pushing Dean out of the way.

He opened the safe with just a few turns of the knob, and Leia stood at the ready to get Dean out of the room while Sam grabbed a couple of handfuls of the chips. Suddenly, there was a voice from directly beside Leia.