1a. Start of an obsession

The bar was quiet. I had stepped inside before deciding to go home. I just needed a drink and then I could go home or go back to the office. I wasn't sure what I would do but I needed to find some peace. Even if it was only temporary.

Life at home was getting frustrating. The days were becoming routine. I couldn't stand it. When did I fall into this rut? At work things were becoming stressing. I had more responsibilities, and couldn't disappoint. I had to give more than I was willing. I'm exhausted living this lie.

I sat down at a table away from people. I didn't want to be bothered by the drunks at the bar. I loosened up my tie. Lately, it seemed to be my collar/leash; I'm not sure why I was still wearing it. The suit was my favorite part but it was becoming a burden.

Burden. My life has become one. I needed a change before I could be driven insane. I was going to lose my wits soon.

"Hello, sir! Is there anything I can get you today? I have a menu. Would you like to look over it?"

I hadn't paid attention to the server, loathing in self pity. Once I focused on him, I noticed how beautiful he was. There was no other word to describe him. Handsome? He's a man but I could only think of beautiful. It seemed more appropriate and deeming of his beauty.

I stared more than I would care admit. I hadn't seen a man or person as beautiful as him. My brain couldn't process an appropriate response.

"I'll leave you the menu. We have a special on the house beer today and if you plan to eat— the burgers are the special for today." He smiled and he looked so young and innocent to be working here.

I had to speak before I made him uncomfortable. I'm not sure if I'll concentrate on the menu but I had to respond. I just reworded his previous words.

"Yeah, I'll have a pitcher of the house beer and a double steak cheeseburger with everything in it. Make sure it's well done." I said. He wrote it down on his notepad. Before he could ask anything, I spoke again.

"Hey, aren't you too young to be working here?" I dared to ask. I was curious because his face had youthful features. He looked underage. It's not like I'd call the cops but he's too young to put up with the people who tend to show up at places like this.

"I'm old enough to work here. I just turned twenty-one. Now, if you excuse me." He smiled politely and went to the kitchen. My question threw him off but I'm unsure as to why. I couldn't help but look at him.

Once he came out again I followed his every move. There was something about his answer that didn't satisfy me. He might've lied about his age or maybe he really looked younger than he was.

He went to leave some orders to other people. He smiled to everyone. It didn't matter if they were creepy customers or not. That boy was probably uncomfortable most days because of the attention his beauty drew in.

"Sorry, sir. Here's your pitcher and glass. Your food will be done in a few minutes. If there's anything else you need, I'm SeokJin." He put down my beer and glass. He poured my first glass of beer and left.

The boy was on his feet all night long. I had stayed there to observe him. He knew how to handle the drunkards that tried to make a pass at him. All I had to do was keep ordering from the menu to stay and watch him. I don't know why I was doing it. He just peaked my curiosity.

"Sir? Is there anything else you would like? A container for your food or another drink?" He looked tired up close but he had been here for hours already.

"No, I'm fine, thank you." The truth is I wasn't hungry and didn't care for the food. What I cared was knowing more about him.

"You haven't touched your food, sir. Are you finished with it?"