4A. Changes

"Jisoo! Papa Jiminie will be here soon," I screamed from my room, after hanging up the phone. I was boxed in by the piles surrounding me. The piles consisted of two or more boxes piled on top of another. For the last few days, I've been trying to fix our things for the move. I'm trying to put away our things in time for the move.

It's hard finding time in my compact schedule which mostly consists of my baby. She usually demands my attention but she understands that I need to do this. I do most of the work when she's asleep or at school. It's easier to get it done during that time. The good thing was having time off from work.

"Okay, papa!" I hear her scream, while the patter of her feet tell me she's running. There are rummaging sounds that follow, after a few seconds. Hopefully, she isn't tampering with something already boxed away. She shouldn't have because I'm leaving her room for last.

The digital clock tells me it's time to go see what she was doing and fix lunch. I carefully start to fix some boxes in a corner to make a passageway. There a few mental notes that I need to check off. One, I'll have to tell Hyungie that most our things are ready to be moved into a storage unit or the family home. Currently, he was at the hospital with his father before they transferred him back to his home. The plan was for his father to be in the commodity of his own home for his potential last days of life or a hopeful recovery. Two, attain the address of our new home. Three, talk to Jiminie about it and give him some more details. This was probably was the most important one but we've talked about it briefly. It's not talk anymore, it's real. Lastly, I had to get some more materials to help with the move.

"Jisoo, where are you?" I start looking as I go to the kitchen area. Thankfully, it doesn't take long to spot her, she's in the living room playing with her toys. The only problem was that it had been toys I had recently put away in her toy box.

It was difficult to maintain toys away from sight. She could be using two or three but most her chest box will be emptied of its contents. You can't have a clean space for long, as a parent it's a daily struggle. You'll always see toys in every corner. I'll have to tell her to put away her toys which will cause her to deny my request— all because she's "playing" with them. I'm not going to argue or anything, I am too tired to even remind her that she can't have all of them out. Still, I need to get lunch ready for Jiminie and Jisoo. It's a start to my busy day and it's barely midday.

I've got a long day ahead of me. I'm hopeful to get as much done as possible. Probably, I should think about asking for help or hiring help. Thankfully, at this stage in pregnancy my body doesn't demand long hours of sleep. I'll be finished and moved before that happens.

"Are you okay?" I ask Hyungie. He looks tired and needs sleep, it's been a while since he's had proper rest.

"I'm just tired. How was your day?" He asks before he lazily starts undressing to get ready for bed.

"It was quiet, Jisoo went with Jiminie for the weekend. So, I had plenty of time to pack. We can do much more now without worrying if she'll get hurt. Most of the stuff will be moved to storage, I suppose." I wasn't trying to add anything more on his plate. I just wanted to know where his head was so I could plan what needed to be done. The subtlety of the wording was merely to know where he was mentally and try to help him too.

"Thank you. I've been too worried to even bother with anything and I've put you two aside." He hugs me and kisses my forehead as if asking for forgiveness which wasn't needed. He was caring for his father, needed time to be with him and I couldn't hold it against him. It's a part of him, no matter what.

"Don't worry." I kiss him. "We'll get through this. I'll take care of this and you just worry about your father, okay?" He nods and I smile. He's in need for love, the kind he feels through hugs, kisses, and all the other little things.