Chapter 24: Hook, Line and Sinker

Shizuka: Hey Guys!!Sorry for the long wait! *sigh* We really have no Inspiration left...why? Cause of "Web of Lies"....each chapter is so long thats why i momentarily forgot about this and yeah...excuses excuses....

and Shakina...here's the update. Aki told me you've been complaining on why were taking so long..

Warnings: BLah

Please leave Comments/Reviews, some motivation might help me.

I dont own anything except the plot.

____________________________________________________________________

Awkward....it is very awkward for Naruko who is currently being stared at by Itachi who on the other hand is calmly drinking tea .The silence was suffocating to Naruko. She is sure that she would really be able to hear a pin drop if ever one really does drop.

"U-umm....Itachi-nii-san?" Naruko asked breaking the silence "Naruko." Itachi calmly placed his cup down.

"I heard what happened on that day."

"R-really? From who?" Naruko started sweating as she looked away, not really wanting to relive the memory.

"Sasuke. He--" Itachi sipped on his tea before continuing "Broke down when he found out you left." Naruko snorted not believing it, which earned her a glare from the older Uchiha. Itachi sighed softly "As I was saying he broke down when he found out you left, it took him months to recover. Months." Itachi stared at his own reflection on his tea..."His room was an utter mess when I first entered the furniture where broken, glass shards and clothes on the floor" Itachi's grip on his cup tightened "There was even a time when I saw him cry." This time Naruko gaped in disbelief "Him? Uchiha Sasuke? Crying? And pigs could fly, Are you sure we're talking about the same person here?" She said sarcastically "As if he would care..." She added,

Itachi frowned "Oh. But he did. He was so depressed that he wouldn't come out of his room, he also wouldn't eat and if he did he would just throw it up." Naruko saw the pain on Itachi's eyes and immediately felt guilt and somehow speechless. Itachi saw that Naruko won't be speaking soon; he secretly smirked seeing the guilt in her eyes.

'Hook, line and sinker' He thought mischievously as the plan he formed in his mind is starting to work.

"Naru I think you should forgive him..." He said in his gentle voice.

"I......I don't know..." Naruko answered avoiding eye contact. "*Sigh* just hear him out at least" Itachi said, Naruko bit on her lip and slowly looked up meeting with Itachi's gaze

'he never did do anything to me anyway....and he never knew...he isn't really at fault...'

Making up her mind Naruko hesitantly nodded, which brightened Itachi's mood. He gave her a soft smile and when Naruko saw this she sighed once again.

"Anyway~ Naru-chan would you mind looking after Sasuke? I really need to go back to my apartment now~" Naruko's head snapped up as he heard the playful tone hidden in Itachi's serious voice. "I can't Ita-" "Please?" "I have a meeti-" "Please? ~" Naruko shivered at the oddly creepy tone Itachi used and the look he gave her that clearly said 'you-have-no-choice'. Naruko let out a defeated sigh looking away avoiding to see the playful glint on Itachi's eyes.

"Itachi-nii---" She was about to ask him something but he had somehow already disappeared in thin air.

"I swear he's a ghost" She muttered, hearing a chuckle from somewhere. She put away the teacups and headed up to Sasuke's room to find him still in a deep sleep. She couldn't help but notice how defenseless he is right now, she also noticed his labored breathing and dark shadows under his eyes. He seemed paler than before and he was sweating, Naruko made her way to the (living?) body and brushed away the hair that was sticking on his sweaty forehead. Taking out a towel from one of Sasuke's drawers Naruko wiped his sweat off his face and smiled lightly when he leaned on her touch, but she quickly retreated and was about to exit the room when she heard him coughing, Naruko again sighed 'I've been sighing a lot today' Naru thought turning around and saw Sasuke staring at her.

"Itachi had to go home so he asked (demanded) me to watch you." She said, Sasuke snorted softly and whispered "figures.". Naruko was about to leave his room again when Sasuke grabbed her by the arm.

"Wait. Naru-*Cough cough!!"" Naruko was immediately by his side "Here drink this." She said and gave him a glass of water.

"lie back." Sasuke nodded and laid back down he felt Naruko touch his forehead to measure his temperature...

"hmm...you're fever is almost gone, just a few more hours of rest and you will be healed...." She said

"Na...ruko...." He said, Naruko stared at him for a few seconds before looking away.

"Sleep. We'll talk after you're healed." She ordered. Sasuke hesitantly nodded feeling a bit happy that Naruko is at least willing to hear him out. Sasuke fell into a deep slumber after.

__________________________________

Short I know. Well...it's the work of lack of Inspiration. Anyway i promise to make it longer in the next one...(maybe)

CIAO~~